Work Towards OpenGL 3.0 In Mesa, Glamor, PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver quality

Michael should do a benchmark of Intel SB and/or IB and AMD APUs with catalyst/gallium. Seeing these improvements from Intel on the OSS driver, they should probably win at linux. AMD has the right features, just not on a single driver.

Comment

Originally posted by bibi View Post
      I'm happy about all this new features from Intel. I actually use an nvidia (which works great but if i can come back from the dark side...).

Anyway i remember having bought a radeon 4670 a long time ago (when i have begun to read phoronix) to support AMD and their opensource policy... but i never used this card (the opensource or catalyst driver was too buggy/uncomplete) so i had to buy my nvidia..., and i'm afraid to think that it's always the case.
      I dont understand the choice of AMD to provide 2 drivers, and i dont understand why they provide opensource driver which is in a state... (3D, video, powersaving...) . It' for me (excuse me M. Bridgman) a waste of time : either you provide a good closed source driver, either you provide a good open source driver (i preferre this one).
      I know you do the best you can with your actual manpower.
      I hope one day i could buy and use an AMD card, but i dont think it will be soon.

It was the last will of a disapointed AMD fan guy.

Bibi
      Have a new AMD Fusion type Graphics card here with using the closed drivers. works like a charm.

(exept for the amdcclec falsely reporting to be already running. ... have to add -multiinstance to use it)

Comment

Originally posted by Suzanne82
        Can anyone asque Intel devs what they plan to do next? After OpenGL 3.0 arives? Intel do not have OpenGL 3.1 hardware yet.
        Asked and answered earlier in this thread, down to the same spelling mistakes and incorrect assertions.

I noticed when I replied to this there were hidden links to web hosting that appeared in the reply, so someone should block this spam account.

Comment

Working...
        X