Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel says "this bug is fixed" and ignores crying users.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel says "this bug is fixed" and ignores crying users.

Hi,
    last year I reported a bug on the freedesktop bugtracker. Somebody told me that this bug were already reported and marked it as duplicate.
    Then they fixed the other bug.
    But this bugfix doesn't fix my bug and nobody gave me response after reopening the bug.

The bug I'm speaking about is: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31960

And I think they will drop the method I'm using for my (bad) workaround sooner or later (as you can read in the bug comments they already decreased it).

So if anybody out there has the same issue: Comment at the bug! Let intel hear our voices!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

i945 and i965 use the same driver: i915.

It looks like you are using Gentoo.

[email protected] This guy says to revert some patch but didn't say for what time frame.
    I'd email him directly with your specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
      Hi,
      last year I reported a bug
      You are last in queue, I have important bugs two years old
      Unfortunately this is Intel, I still buy their products just because they offer open drivers.
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by squirrl View Post
        It looks like you are using Gentoo.
        True. But the error is also there if I boot a knoppix CD/DVD
        [email protected] This guy says to revert some patch but didn't say for what time frame.
        I'd email him directly with your specifics.
        Sorry, I don't really understand. My english is not the best and today I drunk a bit. Do you mean I should write to this e-mail address and tell him my problem?

@darkbasic: It seems like I'm not the last, they just ignore it comlete.
        I use a netbook which was a present from a friend so I couldn't choose the graphic chip.

Sorry if I write some bullshit right now, but as I sayed: Today I drunk a bit and english is not my native language, so for me it's a bit hard to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by TAXI View Post
          @darkbasic: It seems like I'm not the last, they just ignore it comlete.
          I know, I was just joking
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
          X