Intel, Miguel de Icaza Comment On Nokia's Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    Mono doesn't run on WM7, so I don't see how he "supports that stuff".
    It's in the first post of this very thread:

Meanwhile, Novell's Miguel de Icaza, the creator of GNOME and Mono, has come out on his blog to praise this move by Nokia towards Microsoft. Some of the comments from his blog post include, "all I see is possibility and the the world of opportunities that this opens to developers... This is fascinating turn of events for C# developers as Nokia will make WP7 more relevant in the marketplace, making C# the lingua-franca of all major mobile operating systems. This astute chart explains why I am basking in joy... This is a grand time to be a mobile developer. This chart illustrates the elegant balance of native experience and code sharing available to C# developers... C# and the ECMA CLI everywhere!"

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      It's in the first post of this very thread:
      You are reading it wrong: Mono doesn't run on WM7, .Net does. Neither Miguel nor Novell support Mono for WM7 (indeed, they couldn't, seeing how Mono is written in C++).

Comment

You are reading it wrong: Mono doesn't run on WM7, .Net does. Neither Miguel nor Novell support Mono for WM7 (indeed, they couldn't, seeing how Mono is written in C++).
        I think you're being deliberately obtuse, here. Right?

Miguel obviously is happy about .NET taking over Nokia phones, therefore he is a supporter of this deal between Nokia and Microsoft. Quit trying to twist everyone's words.

Comment

You are reading it wrong
          lol.

Mono doesn't run on WM7, .Net does. Neither Miguel nor Novell support Mono for WM7
          You are forgetting what Mono is. Running Mono on WP7 is like running Wine on Windows. You don't need to. Miguel is happy for WP7, and happy for .Net and C#. Mono *is* an implementation of .Net.

Comment

Working...
          X