Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xf86-video-intel 2.14.0, Intel 2010Q4 Released

Phoronix: xf86-video-intel 2.14.0, Intel 2010Q4 Released

Not only was Mesa 7.9.1 / Mesa 7.10 released last night while I was on my way back from the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas with a shiny new Sandy Bridge, but Intel came forward to release their xf86-video-intel 2.14.0 DDX drver and then their 2010Q4 package...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I plan on getting an H67 board as soon as I can. I wonder when these releases will be packaged into Rawhide, and if I can suck in just a few of those packages over top of Fedora 14, or will have to go full monty Rawhide?

Comment

hubick:

better wait for the Z68 chipset.

Comment

Originally posted by hubick View Post
        I wonder when these releases will be packaged into Rawhide, and if I can suck in just a few of those packages over top of Fedora 14, or will have to go full monty Rawhide?
        I'm running F14 with rawhide kernel and mesa without any problems. As for the driver, I assume that since it will be built against xserver 1.10, you will either need to pull in the whole xserver 1.10 packages or build it manually against 1.9.

Comment

I compiled xf86-video-intel-2.14 against the current f14 X server (1.9.3), and it worked just fine, and compiled automatically. I did first try upgrading to the f15/rawhide X server, and the intel server wouldn't start (it bitched about the API revision mismatch).
          See http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...241#post166241
          for details of what packages I updated.

Comment

Working...
          X