Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jalyst
    replied
    ah, looks like the perfect thread, bookmarked, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Rabauke
    replied
    Oh, we are already in the intel section
    Start here.

Leave a comment:

• jalyst
    replied
    yeah i know, just figured someone subscribed would have a better clue on the exact status of VA for Intel_HD vs VDPAU etc.
    Shall I search for VAAPI in the OS Intel section then? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Rabauke
    replied
    Neither VAAPI nor VDPAU belong to mesa. Nevertheless, video accelaration works fine on IntelHD through VAAPI. See several posts on this forum in the OS intel section.

Leave a comment:

• jalyst
    replied
    Disappointing to hear 3D accel. hasn't improved much or even possibly regressed.
    What about for VA, is Intel HD competitive in that area now compared to nV's VDPAU?
    I'm hoping i can get away with my core i3-530's IGP, instead of adding a discrete nV.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    They should really start putting time/effort into a gallium driver...

Leave a comment:

• pvtcupcakes
    replied
    I'm more interested in seeing if the 7.9 drivers are more compatible with OpenGL than previous version, but that would be really difficult to show.

Leave a comment:

• devius
    replied
    The intel drivers must be really bad. Comparing to the earlier results of testing mesa 7.4-7.9 this core i3 system only puts out twice as much FPS than the atom N270 + GMA950: that's bad. For comparision I tested openarena at 1024x768 on a Radeon HD4200 and got 125FPS (with fglrx). That's 3x the performance of the i3 with its IGP.

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Too bad, Windows results haven't been added to the article - to show that Intel Linux drivers still suck.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    And in the meantime kde 4.5's desktop effects don't work with intel and mesa 7.10-devel, even disabling blur and lanczos -.-

Leave a comment:

Working...
X