VaAPI with Intel HD Graphics Clarkdale i3 proc not working with mplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Did you try vlc yet? That works pretty good too. I do not use smplayer usually, i prefer command line for mplayer.
    Should I just delete the dist directory created by your script to clean my vlc installation attempt?

Then I will download the vlc-api and compile it myself.

Thanks Kano
    XabiX

Comment

Well you can clean the dist dir before running the script. But run the script as root first. Basically vlc is not hard to compile when libva-dev is globally installed.

Comment

Afaik, you can set the output device directly in your smplayer options. But there seems to be a general problem with your sound output.

Comment

I found what was the issue with Mplayer cmd line used by SMplayer. In order to be able to launch the Mplayer I add to remove these two items:
          -wid 39846231
          -wid <window ID> (also see -guiwid) (X11, OpenGL and DirectX only)
          This tells MPlayer to attach to an existing window. Useful to
          embed MPlayer in a browser (e.g. the plugger extension). This
          option fills the given window completely, thus aspect scaling,
          panscan, etc are no longer handled by MPlayer but must be man?
          aged by the application that created the window.
          and
          -vf-add pp
          Do you think I should open a case within SMplayer for tracking purposes? As we are using the mplayer-vaapi version I am not sure it will be relevant for them but I can still to so.

Comment

Originally posted by XabiX View Post
            I found what was the issue with Mplayer cmd line used by SMplayer. In order to be able to launch the Mplayer I add to remove these two items:
            -wid 39846231

and
            -vf-add pp

Do you think I should open a case within SMplayer for tracking purposes? As we are using the mplayer-vaapi version I am not sure it will be relevant for them but I can still to so.
            FYI I have opened a case and I will keep you updated.
            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/inde...2&atid=913573#

I ll give it a try to vlc-vaapi now. (If I face issues I may have to open a new thread otherwise it gets confusing)

Comment

Like you, wanting to build a HTPC based on Linux and Core i3 (using integrated GPU).

I was wondering if you are able to output 23.976 Hz? (at 1080p) (which is the framerate of most blu-rays) instead of 24Hz which Intel supports wrongly in Windows?

It's very important otherwise you will get a minor stutter every so.

Comment

That's interesting. On Windows, Linux also, I think I have that "micro stuttering". It's not 100% fluent. Could you describe it a little in detail?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabauke View Post
                  That's interesting. On Windows, Linux also, I think I have that "micro stuttering". It's not 100% fluent. Could you describe it a little in detail?
                  Most blu-ray movies available at presented in 23.976 fps, which your TV multipiles to give you 60/100/120 etc. It is rounded up to 24 for the average consumer.

Intel only supports 24.000 Hz output on Windows (I am not sure if it is a driver issue or hardware limitation).

As the framerate doesn't exactly match, you will get a stutter on blu-ray playback.

I am hoping the same issue does not affect Linux drivers.

The reason it is 23.976 Hz is due to an incompatibility in the 50s with some FM transmitters in the USA (at 60Hz) which was dropped to a multiple of 23.976 to fix the problem).

Comment

Have you tried 23.976 in your xorg.conf?

Comment

Not yet, did you?

Comment

Working...
                      X