HD acceleration on the gma4500mhd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD acceleration on the gma4500mhd

Does someone have any clue when Intel will provide a vaapi implementation for the gma4500mhd.
    I've not been able to find any other references than the ones in the mail list of freedesktop.org.
    I'm beginning to think there are some patents blocking a open source implementation for h264. Could be totally wrong of course.

There is only mpeg2 support for vaapi currently. If you use Debian/Ubuntu just try

Code:
    sudo -i
    # or
    su
    wget -qO- http://kanotix.com/files/fix/mplayer-vaapi-latest-2.txt|sh

Comment

I knew about the mpeg2, should've addressed that in the TS.
      but h264 is a no-go ? I once read on the mailing list about the intel people working on it (can't find source), but that's more than 4-5 months ago.
      My ultraportable is really in need of some hd acceleration when connected to my hd-tv.

Comment

Here is the info I found on the Intel-gfx mailing list from several months ago:
        From: intel-gfx-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org [mailto:intel-gfx-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of scorephile
        Sent: 2009年8月4日 23:25
        To: intel-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org
        Subject: [Intel-gfx] VAAPI mpeg2 decode support for G45 and GM45 chip

Hi,

Do you plan to support H264 and VC1 decoding anytime soon on GM45?

Thanks.

Yes, we do have plan for that.
        Thanks
        Zou Nan hai

Since then no news. I'm really hoping this will come soon because Nvidia and now ATI have already something working on Linux. Even the Poulsbo driver, which is closed source, has it available.
        Last edited by beecher; 09 November 2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

You could always try asking on the list again, or file a bug report.

Comment

He probably did and they replied Q2 2010. ATI and NVIDIA probably do it right now, but not as Open Source as what Intel is working on.

Comment

I only heard about H264 and not VC1 - which is a shame as there are more VC1 encoded bluray out there as H264...

Comment

Working...
              X