Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Linux Patches To Help Ensure Intel Xeon Servers Can Achieve Highest Frequencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Linux Patches To Help Ensure Intel Xeon Servers Can Achieve Highest Frequencies

Phoronix: New Linux Patches To Help Ensure Intel Xeon Servers Can Achieve Highest Frequencies

A set of patches for the Linux kernel's Intel P-State driver aim to ensure Intel Xeon servers can hit their highest clock frequencies following changes in the server's performance profile. It turns out some special handling is needed to update the highest frequencies of a CPU after boot to ensure the performance profile is properly reflected...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This isn't about Intel's P-state driver, but I finally got my 6.9 kernel on a Zen 3 machine running AMD P-state with the "preferred core" feature, and it's a noticeable performance jump in desktop & game use. Getting it turned on instead of the older acpi-cpufreq driver is the hardest part since I had to find the right kernel boot parameter.

P-state on my Intel systems is more a default, and of course is vital to getting performance.

Comment

Working...
    X