X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    I gave up intel graphics earlier this year. Got tired of the crashing or whatever it was causing the display to freeze up hard. This was on Coffee Lake Xeon, across systems from different vendors, so it clearly wasn't bad hardware or a vendor-specific bug. Added AMD Radeon Rx550 cards into all these systems and disabled the onboard graphics, and haven't had a crash since.
    interesting, Im on DG2 and I havent really been experiencing any of that (aside from the XE driver) and im even running cosmic-comp

Leave a comment:

• torsionbar28
    replied
    I gave up intel graphics earlier this year. Got tired of the crashing or whatever it was causing the display to freeze up hard. This was on Coffee Lake Xeon, across systems from different vendors, so it clearly wasn't bad hardware or a vendor-specific bug. Added AMD Radeon Rx550 cards into all these systems and disabled the onboard graphics, and haven't had a crash since.
    Last edited by torsionbar28; 07 June 2024, 08:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    when I was gatherling logs for the ghosts of tsushima bugs I was having, I noticed that XE resets far faster then i915 when it has a driver timeout which is really neat, the sad thing is for some reason cosmic crashes with it and i915 doesn't. not too surprising but a little fun thing to note

Leave a comment:

• sthalik
    replied
    There's broken markup in this news item. Two empty links just above the "comments" link.

Leave a comment:

• geerge
    replied
    So you're saying my next APU should be intel if they get their arse in gear and make efficient CPU cores. The successor to the N100/N305 perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• Intel's Xe Driver Preps For SR-IOV Support & More Lunar Lake With Linux 6.11

Phoronix: Intel's Xe Driver Preps For SR-IOV Support & More Lunar Lake With Linux 6.11

On Thursday the first set of Intel Xe driver feature updates were submitted to DRM-Next of material intended for merging with the Linux 6.11 kernel in July...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X