Status of the Intel Gallium Driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of the Intel Gallium Driver?

Is Intel's Gallium driving being worked on at all? Looking at the commits in mesa show very little being done to it.

I gave it a try and recompiled mesa with gallium support and glxgears works and also my cairo-dock (uses opengl). However, almost everything else fails to start with:
    vbo/vbo_exec_draw.c:220: vbo_exec_bind_arrays: Assertion `exec->vtx.bufferobj->Pointer' failed.

Anyone else get the gallium driver working?

Originally posted by Gentooer View Post
    Is Intel's Gallium driving being worked on at all? Looking at the commits in mesa show very little being done to it.

I gave it a try and recompiled mesa with gallium support and glxgears works and also my cairo-dock (uses opengl). However, almost everything else fails to start with:
    vbo/vbo_exec_draw.c:220: vbo_exec_bind_arrays: Assertion `exec->vtx.bufferobj->Pointer' failed.

Anyone else get the gallium driver working?
    Same for me, with gallium enabled almost every app fails with this assertion. Maybe it's gentoo mesa ebuild fault?

Comment

The status of the Gallium drivers would make for a very interesting article *hint hint*

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
        The status of the Gallium drivers would make for a very interesting article *hint hint*
        The intel developers (as well as the the other major companies developers) have made it pretty clear that they arent working on the gallium side at all and are focusing on normal mesa. i915 is supposed to be the furthest along one but last time I compiled it I had missing textures everywhere on things that actually ran..

Comment

I think everyone wants to get through KMS, GEM/TTM and DRI2 before taking on another big architectural shift. Gallium3D needs all those to be solid (GEM/TTM and DRI2 anyways) as a pre-requisite, so this does kinda make sense.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            I think everyone wants to get through KMS, GEM/TTM and DRI2 before taking on another big architectural shift. Gallium3D needs all those to be solid (GEM/TTM and DRI2 anyways) as a pre-requisite, so this does kinda make sense.
            Right, on the Intel side, the big parts seems to be in place, but I guess there's plenty of bugs and regressions to fix still. Ten percent of the work takes 90 percent of the time, or something like that

Comment

Just thought I'd provide an update. I tried building mesa master with gallium i915 support, and everything seems to be working very smoothly now. I haven't done a lot of testing, but glxgears, mplayer with GL video, openarena, and a couple other small games all seem to be working flawlessly. I think the frame rates might be slightly lower, but still very playable.

Comment

Working...
              X