No announcement yet.

Intel's Open Image Denoise 2.0 Brings SYCL For Xe GPUs, NVIDIA CUDA, AMD HIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Open Image Denoise 2.0 Brings SYCL For Xe GPUs, NVIDIA CUDA, AMD HIP

Phoronix: Intel's Open Image Denoise 2.0 Brings SYCL For Xe GPUs, NVIDIA CUDA, AMD HIP

Among Intel's dozens of terrific open-source components -- including the many components making up their oneAPI software suite -- is Open Image Denoise. Open Image Denoise for years has been a terrific, high-performance denoising library for ray-tracing use The software has long been CPU-based while being highly performant thanks to leveraging modern instruction set extensions. Today though Open Image Denoise 2.0 is released and brings GPU acceleration across Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA graphics processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Open Image Denoise 2.0 brings SYCL support for use on all Intel Xe DG2/Alchemist GPUs from the consumer desktop Arc Graphics up through the Intel GPU Max series. As with many other Intel oneAPI components
    Yo... go Intel! Nice move!

Complementing the SYCL back-end is OIDn 2.0 also supporting NVIDIA CUDA and AMD HIP for supporting cross-vendor hardware with this denoising library.
    So Intel supports their consumer GPUs in a way that nVidia mostly does and AMD has sworn off? Oh how the turns have tabled. What happened to AMD? Yeesh.

Excited to see what's next out of Intel's GPU team - legitimately looking forward to their next gen at this point. Little things like supporting features like this on consumer cards for enthusiasts / students / researchers / engineers on a shoestring budget is an A++++ move IMHO.

Comment

So Intel is able to push their toolboxes also on consumer graphics cards. I really hope that the next dGPU itteration is a bit more challenging for AMD and Nvidia then I might consider to switch. The current Nvidia lineup is completely insane. AMD is better but does not provide proper ROCm support for consumer grade cards.

So currently I'm very pleased with my 5700XT for gaming with Mesa drivers. The driver situation is just perfect. But I'm dissappointed by ROCm.

Intel Arc is better then I have thought just the Driver situation is not as good as it could be. Idle Powerdraw is also a tad to high.

Comment

I see that they said Xe Intel GPU's. Does this mean that those of us who have adopted the first gen ARC gpus are out in the cold? I ask because most of us will most likely stick with i915 since DG2/Alchemist isn't fully supported by the Xe driver and won't be anytime soon, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by shanedav4 View Post
          I see that they said Xe Intel GPU's. Does this mean that those of us who have adopted the first gen ARC gpus are out in the cold? I ask because most of us will most likely stick with i915 since DG2/Alchemist isn't fully supported by the Xe driver and won't be anytime soon, if at all.
          They aren't talking about the Xe kernel mode driver. SYCL and their compute stack works just fine with i915 kernel driver.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

They aren't talking about the Xe kernel mode driver. SYCL and their compute stack works just fine with i915 kernel driver.

Good to know! Thank You.

Comment

Working...
            X