Intel's Open-Source Linux Compute Stack Maturing Very Well For Arc Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Open-Source Linux Compute Stack Maturing Very Well For Arc Graphics

Phoronix: Intel's Open-Source Linux Compute Stack Maturing Very Well For Arc Graphics

From early December to late February there was an absence of new Compute-Runtime updates for that open-source stack for providing OpenCL and oneAPI Level Zero support for Intel graphics hardware on Linux. It was out of trend as they worked to move from a weekly~biweekly release rhythm to a monthly release cadence while taking extra time for making various other changes too. After that three month lull, they are back to pushing out new compute updates and damn it's looking nice. At least in my testing, the progress they've quietly made over the past few months has been very nice for the compute stack compatibility/support and performance.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is VRR working on Intel cards? I tried enabling it on both modesetting xorg driver and KDE Wayland, won't work at all.

Comment

Interesting, if the next generation is a bit more power friendly, and raytracing acceleration is there in Blender, I might be tempted to buy one.

Comment

Once the drivers mature more, the ARC architecture will become a bargain.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          various other times tryimg it on older Linux

Comment

It’s impressive to see what Raja Koduri and his team are capable of when they have the proper support behind them. Their continued driver improvements instills confidence. I’ll be switching to Intel for my next GPU.

Comment

I kind of want to buy one for the novelty factor. My next GPU will likely be either a 3090 or 6900 XTX though.

Comment

An impressive set of benchmarks, Michael; thank you. And impressive progress on Intel's part!

Comment

Intel sure is showing great progress. I'm glad to see it - if they keep this up, they can at least keep up R&D funding via server and workstation loads.

Comment

Originally posted by clapbr View Post
                    Is VRR working on Intel cards? I tried enabling it on both modesetting xorg driver and KDE Wayland, won't work at all.
                    you need xorg git for now

Comment

Working...
                    X