Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Releases Packaged Arc Graphics Driver For Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Phoronix: Intel Releases Packaged Arc Graphics Driver For Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

If as an Ubuntu Linux user you have been held off on purchasing one of the new Arc Graphics discrete graphics cards due to the prospects of having to upgrade your own kernel, Mesa, and linux-firmware packages, Intel has a solution for Ubuntu 22.04 LTS users in the form of a packaged driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

After trying DG2 (Arc A380) on Linux 6.0, I found that VAAPI and other media functions are still not available. Hopefully one day we can get rid of these DKMS that haven't been upsteamed yet.

Comment

It will be very interesting how this drivers will evolve over time. Hopefully it will mature and unleash the full potential of the quite promising gpuarch.

Comment

Originally posted by nyanmisaka View Post
        After trying DG2 (Arc A380) on Linux 6.0, I found that VAAPI and other media functions are still not available. Hopefully one day we can get rid of these DKMS that haven't been upsteamed yet.
        they are in a supported kernel, need to build the driver from their kernel, easiest way is DKMS from their backports. if you are on arch I got it to work using this dudes pkgbuilds

DG2 enablement packages for archlinux. Contribute to kkartaltepe/intel-dg2-arch development by creating an account on GitHub.

Build the ubuntu kernel, the dkms, the firmware and the libva driver, then you can get the pkgbuild for ffmpeg-cartwheel which has the new qsv and vaapi encoding stuff from my repo here

https://github.com/Quackdoc/pkgbuild...mpeg-cartwheel

EDIT: bo
        oting to the PC using the ubuntu kernel, wlroots is broken and so is XFCE, only weston worked for me. no issues when I booted back to other kernel, so it's only good for testing

Comment

Does it install any sort of a GUI control panel?

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
            GUI?! (In Leonidis’ voice). This. Is. Linux!

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
              Yeah, I would love some shitty bloated electron GUI control panel. That's what my Linux desktop is missing.

Comment

I would rather have an electron gui panel than having nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

GUI?! (In Leonidis’ voice). This. Is. Linux!
                  Lmao, you made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by arun54321 View Post
                    I would rather have an electron gui panel than having nothing.
                    The CLI crowd continues to desire to keep us locked out.

I don't understand where this animosity comes from.

Comment

Working...
                    X