X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qarium
    replied
    Originally posted by atomsymbol
    Pope Gregory IX, aged at least 69 years, took Konrad's report that "... statue of a black cat came to life​ ..." seriously and decreed a bull which resulted in the killings of black cats across Europe.
    ----
    Considering the number of grammatical errors you are making in your posts posted to Phoronix forums, it might be the case that you suffer from dyslexia. Some people with dyslexia have a hindered ability to understand text and to correctly interpret data.
    yes of course i do have Dyslexia but the kind one who is coupled with very high intelligence.

and i don't think that some grammatical error resulted in a fundamental misunderstanding.

its more like you dislike what i say and then and only then after this you search for reasons not to be forced to question your current filter bubble bias ...

I know what i say is outside of the Overton Window....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window

and this is not some kind of grammatical error problem even if i would write perfectly i would still be outside of the window of discourse

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    You didn't post something that I could independently verify to be true. From my viewpoint, your post is just a made-up story similar to the plot of a science-fiction or fantasy movie on HBO/Netflix/etc.
    all what i pointed to is stuff people can go for themself and spend time research on the internet for themself and then they can verify it as truthfull information. but the joke is most people don't do it. i did it for more than 15+ years.

the problem in our society is censorship if any truthfull information is subject to censorship and all mainstream websites like google and wikipedia is part of this great china style censorship then the result is the people have problems to find any truthfull information.

so it is a little more complicated than just check the first fake-news fact-checker website on google.

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    Based on what you just wrote: you didn't study unbiased history - you studied a conspiracy theory of history and the conspiracy meme took over your mind.
    The 1st Soviet government was mostly African - all people living currently on planet Earth are most likely descendants of Homo sapiens who migrated from​ Africa roughly 70–50,000 years ago. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_human_migrations
    dude i am 38 years old and i spend 18-20 years in study history the official so called unbiased history is a complete science hoax.

"conspiracy theory"

this is only a "theory" for people who did not spend as much time and resources to study this for everyone who did spend the time and resources to learn this this is not a theory but a proofed fact.

and your africa theory... the out of africa theory is science hoax... there are many other theories who all have the same or more or less truth and beside these theories non of them can be proofed.

for your claim about africa as a root of our genes i did genetic testing and i can tell you the result is that i have near zero african genes. and this genetic testing calculated my fathers side and mothers side 10 000 years back .... its not as much as your claimed hoax 50 000 years but by genetic testing i can proof that in the last 10000 years in my gene code there is zero african genetic.

and this is how a science hoax looks like you do advanced genetic testing on 23andme.com and in 10000 of years the test can calculate there is zero african DNA in my genetic but you claim i am from africa...

Source: wikipedia .... you know that everything from google to wikipedia is a complete hoax they are the "matrix" and any real information and any real fact and real science is banned (shadow banned) delisted and derated and censored and so one.

i tell you something about science based history study real sources have real names and real adresses and are always single persons means you have a real book/science paper from a real person with real name and real adress or else you are a naive fool who believe that wikipedia is a scientific source to study history.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied

Based on what you just wrote: you didn't study unbiased history - you studied a conspiracy theory of history and the conspiracy meme took over your mind.

The 1st Soviet government was mostly African - all people living currently on planet Earth are most likely descendants of Homo sapiens who migrated from​ Africa roughly 70–50,000 years ago. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_human_migrations
    I stopped taking Q seriously back when he tried to explain how Africans were genetically inferior to whites and how Hitler wasn't actually as bad as most people thought. Pretty sure he got banned for a while due to that post.

Which is to say, probably discussing Jewish-related conspiracy theories with him isn't going to be the most productive conversation.
    Last edited by smitty3268; 24 October 2022, 02:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• yump
    replied
    (0.o)

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    Originally posted by vsteel View Post
    You fail to realize that none of them would be any different if the roles were reversed.
    Thats an hypothetical situation with no practical user-case for our reality.
    the roles are in fact NOT reversed and even if they would had a monopole the culture in the good guys companies are very different to that.
    Valve for example has a defacto monopole but they are the "good-guy-company" good guys do not become evil just because they have monopole.

Do you think AMD would behave better than Intel if they had 80% of the market, no they wouldn't.
    i strongly disagree with you here.

You missed the point that none of the companies are deserving of our admiration. NONE of them are on your or my side. I have been involved with all of your mentioned corporations and I can tell you none are more or less evil, it is what they can or think they can get away with to increase their profits.
    I disagree here i in fact studied history very closely and the culture in these companies are in fact a big difference.
    and the origin of these differences is Religion and also Philosophical and also in fact connected to secret societies.
    Last edited by qarium; 30 October 2022, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vsteel
    replied
    [*]"If you relate who you are to the brands you purchase.... I have owned [Intel] and [AMD] over the years based on the one that best met my criteria at the price point I wanted":
    • I disagree with you in this case. The primary source of fanboyism today is that the differences between AMD/Intel/ARM are very small. AMD/Intel (today +ARM) meet ~90% of the criteria one can think of. The part of your sentence "the one that best met my criteria at the price point I wanted​" is referring only to the 10% where those CPU/GPU vendors differ from each other.
      • Today isn't the 80-ties/90-ties of 20th century when the differences between, for example, ZX Spectrum and Commodore 64 were much larger than the differences between AMD, ARM, Intel and NVIDIA are today. In the 80-ties, [home] computers were incompatible with each other and they weren't interconnected to form a world-wide network.
      • If the user has enough money to afford 2 GPUs in a single machine then the only way of getting access to the above-mentioned 10% is to buy 1 GPU from each vendor
    [/LIST]
    I don't know as there is a disagreement. While I agree the CPUs are much closer now than in the past like the examples you mentioned. They do differ some and price could be big if you look at today's differences. If you have some DDR4 you want to use then Intel might make a cheaper choice based on memory and motherboard. You know with AMD you have to use DDR5 which is going to cost more right now.

Yes they are very close and you are not really going to go wrong based on brand. That being said, there are still differences to segregate choices based on a person's specific needs.

Leave a comment:

• vsteel
    replied
    Originally posted by qarium View Post

"They are all mega corporations that are in the business to make money"

you lag the ability to seal the real differences some companies are only there to make money and of course they are mega corpoirations. but outside of this role of making money they do nothing.

and there are companies who have monopoles also also make money and they also are mega corporations but their goal is not only to make money like the other company but instead they want to defent their monopole.

Nvidia has this monopole in CUDA/GPU-Compute
    Intel has this monopole in x86-64 ISA WAR (in the last 20 years amd also do x86 cpus but they allways did lose the ISA WAR)
    and Microsoft has the monopole in win32-api and directX and so one and so one.

if you buy amd cpu or ARM cpu and AMD gpu or appe m1/m2 gpu then it is only a mega corporations who do make money

but if you buy from intel/nvidia/microsoft then you fuel the evil monopoles who are complete anticompetitive evil entities.

and this has nothing to do of beeing a fan boy...
    You fail to realize that none of them would be any different if the roles were reversed. Do you think AMD would behave better than Intel if they had 80% of the market, no they wouldn't.

You missed the point that none of the companies are deserving of our admiration. NONE of them are on your or my side. I have been involved with all of your mentioned corporations and I can tell you none are more or less evil, it is what they can or think they can get away with to increase their profits.

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    There doesn't exist a version control system which would enable open-source contributors to receive payments for their contributions. Unless somebody develops such a system, the quality of open-source software will remain to be worse than the quality of closed-source software. The belief that IQ=130+ software developers are willing to contribute to open-source software without being paid for their work is a false belief.
    i fully agree to this... and i had similar talk with my brother who has the money to start a software company he told me opensource is great because developers work for free with that... i told him he is wrong and of course some developers work for free but what he does not unterstand is that these developers only do this because of their own interest and not his interest.

i told him the same that these high skilled software developers need to be paid because they need to buy food to and need to buy cars to and need to buy houses to and so one and so one.

GIT is a very good version control system but of course you are right that we need a micropayment system to pay the developers for their contributions. do you know steemit ? in steemit they solved this problems people who read get paid and people who write get paid better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steemit

we need a GIT version control system with similar blockchain payment system like Steemit.

and like steemit we not only need to pay the people who write new code we also need to pay people who just read it and we need to pay the people who validate code.

it is not the problem that there is no money in opensource companies like redhat proof there is money in such but we lag a micropayment system similar to steemit combined with GIT.

just tell me how hard would it be to remix Git with Steemit to get such a system ?

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    Originally posted by drakonas777 View Post
    Yes I am. Technological progress should result in more generational performance/features/resources for about the same amount of money (inflation adjusted). Not more performance/features/resources for more money. Companies try to brainwash users that the latter one is a norm now - but it should not be. "Thanks to" such outlets as LTT who regularly rationalize corporate side of story and help to propagate such a narrative.
    in my point of view both is a valid technological development.

it is in fact a technological challenge to make something with more features and faster at a higher price point.

and of course it is a technological challenge to make something faster at the same or lower price point.

AMD did in fact all cases ... the 6600XT has similar performance as a vega64 and the vega64 was in 2017 at a price of 666€-740€
    and the 6600XT is 8% faster and at release of the card the price was something like 550€ means faster but lower price.
    the 6600 without XT had much more features like AV1 cideo decode and the price was lower than vega64

the 6400/6500 has pure lower price as a target.

the 6700XT gpu had the "price per FPS'" target

and 6800 had the "FPS per watt" target

the 6900/6950XT had the more features and faster at a higher price point targets.

this means AMD did serve all markets at the same time.

today nvidia always target this market: more features and faster at a higher price point targe

and intel always go at the cheapest price. ...

"Companies try to brainwash users that the latter one is a norm now"

the only company who always target this is nvidia...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X