Intel Core i5 13600K + Core i9 13900K "Raptor Lake" Linux Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post
    considering other reviewers didnt' have issue testing, fault is probably not on Intel side it is either Asus or specific motherboard having some issues. But dammit the amd fanboy energy from you is blinding.
    it has nothing to do with amd fanboyism... i did open the article in interest and i read it in interest and then what i read was shit.

this is not my fanboyism this is intel shit show.

and who cares who is the cause of the problem ? if Asus? if mainboard ? who cares ?

i just want to read benchmarks of the new 13900k cpu and not read some shit-show.-..

why is it amd fanboyism if something in the intel land goes wrong ?

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

To be fair, Asus seem to have had some fairly big mistakes with Z690. I think the Hero had spontaneously combusting VRMs? I know I've read about a few other issues but can't remember the details right now. 4090 problems (which, admittedly, may or may not be nVidia's problem as well...) and DDR5 support being a bit flaky?

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

Intel is using Xe LP in desktop CPUs since Rocket Lake and in mobile since Tiger Lake. The desktop and some laptop models having fewer EUs are called "UHD" while 80+ EU models are called "Iris Xe Graphics".
        Gotta love brand confusion. Marketing: Let's revive the old brand! Give people reason to love it! Customers: Great, yet more Old Brand crap. Where's the new shiny we were promised? Nemind, I'll buy competitor instead.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
          Gotta love brand confusion. Marketing: Let's revive the old brand! Give people reason to love it! Customers: Great, yet more Old Brand crap. Where's the new shiny we were promised? Nemind, I'll buy competitor instead.
          Unfortunately competitors are as riddled with confusing marketing names, for example Ryzen mobile:
          • Zen 2, GCN5 - Ryzen 4000 series
          • Zen 2, GCN5 - Ryzen 5000, but only 5300U, 5500U and 5700U
          • Zen 3, GCN5 - Ryzen 5000 series excluding the Zen 2 models above
          • Zen 3+, RDNA2 - Ryzen 6000 series
          • Zen 2, RDNA2 - Ryzen 7320U and 7520U
          Leaked 7000 series adds even more to the confusion above:
          • Zen 4, RDNA3 (rumored) - Ryzen 7640U
          • Zen 3, GCN5 (rumored) - Ryzen 7630U
          Which would bring it to 3 different CPU architectures and 3 different GPU architectures in the 7000 product series...

It's also rumored that lower end of Intel Raptor Lake (13th gen) will use simply rebranded Alder Lake (12th gen) dies.

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

Unfortunately competitors are as riddled with confusing marketing names, for example Ryzen mobile:
            • Zen 2, GCN5 - Ryzen 4000 series
            • Zen 2, GCN5 - Ryzen 5000, but only 5300U, 5500U and 5700U
            • Zen 3, GCN5 - Ryzen 5000 series excluding the Zen 2 models above
            • Zen 3+, RDNA2 - Ryzen 6000 series
            • Zen 2, RDNA2 - Ryzen 7320U and 7520U
            Leaked 7000 series adds even more to the confusion above:
            • Zen 4, RDNA3 (rumored) - Ryzen 7640U
            • Zen 3, GCN5 (rumored) - Ryzen 7630U
            Which would bring it to 3 different CPU architectures and 3 different GPU architectures in the 7000 product series...

It's also rumored that lower end of Intel Raptor Lake (13th gen) will use simply rebranded Alder Lake (12th gen) dies.
            If you got the latest naming scheme from AMD, it would not be so confusing. 3-rd number from the model name is the Zen architecture.
            So Ryzen 7640U is Zen4.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post

If you got the latest naming scheme from AMD, it would not be so confusing. 3-rd number from the model name is the Zen architecture.
              So Ryzen 7640U is Zen4.
              I am aware of their new naming scheme, which is not good in my opinion. For a typical person looking to buy a laptop it's going to be very confusing, especially since for five generation it's been a different scheme. Mixing Zen 2, 3 and 4 in the same time range doesn't help either. While mixing 2 and 3 can be somewhat excused, adding Zen 4 to the mix is a bad idea due to it having AVX-512 capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post

So Ryzen 7640U is Zen4.
                This is still confusing to a lot of people. We are used to (by all AMD, Intel, Nvidia) that first number is architecture/series, 2nd number is indicating tier. 3rd number is some minor revision and letter could indicate if product is overclocking, or power saving etc. RTX 4090 - 4 series RTX, 90 high model. 13900k - 13 series, 900 high model.

Then you have 7640U, what means essentially 1st number is useless, and the most important number is 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post

This is still confusing to a lot of people. We are used to (by all AMD, Intel, Nvidia) that first number is architecture/series, 2nd number is indicating tier. 3rd number is some minor revision and letter could indicate if product is overclocking, or power saving etc. RTX 4090 - 4 series RTX, 90 high model. 13900k - 13 series, 900 high model.

Then you have 7640U, what means essentially 1st number is useless, and the most important number is 3rd.
                  I do not agree with you. Yes, for you, for me, for everybody on this forum the 3rd number, but for much many more people the year or release is more telling number, of how "new" PC they have. Heck, I even have colleagues software developers that didn't know Zen4 is a thing. Frankly having one universal CPU/GPU bechmark, and posting this numbers will be the utter model number. It will always increase.
                  AMD C40KG10KU - CPU bench 40K points, GPU bench 10K points, Ultra low power. Which can even compact to 40K10KU.

AMD, intel, nvidia etc, need to appoint Kronos group to make a benchmark, and all use it.

Comment

And it's still 10nm. Yep, in 2022. I pity those would buy that horseshit.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

You should be comparing transistor density per mm^2 (or per mm^3, number of layers).
                      No, I should be looking at the 335W peak consumption: https://www.anandtech.com/show/17601...600k-review/18

Comment

Working...
                      X