Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i5 13600K + Core i9 13900K "Raptor Lake" Linux Preview

Phoronix: Intel Core i5 13600K + Core i9 13900K "Raptor Lake" Linux Preview

Last month Intel announced 13th Gen Core "Raptor Lake" processors while today these processors officially go on sale. Today also marks the review embargo lift with Intel having provided Phoronix with the new Core i5 13600K and i9 13900K processors for Linux testing.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well Michael but do you have high frecuencies ddr5 kits for test raptor lake? maybe some kit with frecuencies up to 7000mhz

and ryzen dont work correctly with memories up to 6200/6400mhz or higher for infinity fabric issue ?, meanwhile intel 13gen works with memories up to 7000mhz (techpowerup test 7400mhz with raptor) and techpowerup show a article about gskill demo with ddr5 8000mhz cas 38

Last edited by pinguinpc; 20 October 2022, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Very much looking forward to it.
      On other tests (windows of course), raptor lake really shines in games - and in that area loses almost no performance when limited to 125 or even 88w.
      Would be really interesting if that also is applicable for Linux (both the gaming and the performance loss at sane power levels)

Comment

As far as I know Intel officially says, Raptor Lake supports DDR5-5600 instead of DDR5-4800, but this only applies to one DIMM per channel. The chip manufacturer guarantees DDR5-4400 when fully equipped with two modules per channel.
        Maybe only z7xx support higher clocks properly and additional BIOS updates will help on z6xx boards...
        Last edited by anolting; 20 October 2022, 01:33 PM.

Comment

in my point of view this is fraud not to test the out of the box experience... DDR5-4000 speeds...

to hold back the benchmarks only because intel and their board partners are complete incompetent full idiots

is a complete fraud... and abuse of power.

if intel does not want DDR5-4000 speeds benchmarks then they should fix their stuff before the launch of the new cpus.,

but one thing is clear: FUCK YOU INTEL... no one should buy any intel cpu anyway.
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

So i5 now is 320USD. I see no complains from birdie. I guess it's ok when intel raises the price LOL

Comment

Any idea why Intel can't put Intel Xe or Arc gpus into Intel desktop CPUs ?
              and they still use old Intel UHD gpus ?
              They use new gpus in mobile(laptops) variants but old gpus in desktop CPUs

Maybe Intel UHDs are small?
              Last edited by miskol; 20 October 2022, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by miskol View Post
                Any idea why Intel can't put Intel Xe or Arc gpus into Intel desktop CPUs ?
                and they still use old Intel UHD gpus ?
                They use new gpus in mobile(laptops) variants but old gpus in desktop CPUs

Maybe Intel UHDs are small?
                https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/m....288P.2B16E.29
                Intel is using Xe LP in desktop CPUs since Rocket Lake and in mobile since Tiger Lake. The desktop and some laptop models having fewer EUs are called "UHD" while 80+ EU models are called "Iris Xe Graphics".

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
                  Well Michael but do you have high frecuencies ddr5 kits for test raptor lake? maybe some kit with frecuencies up to 7000mhz

and ryzen dont work correctly with memories up to 6200/6400mhz or higher for infinity fabric issue ?, meanwhile intel 13gen works with memories up to 7000mhz (techpowerup test 7400mhz with raptor) and techpowerup show a article about gskill demo with ddr5 8000mhz cas 38

You’re conflating the transfer rate (the 7000 in the DDR5-7000) with the clock speed which is exactly half the transfer rate (the double in double data rate, or 3.5 GHz). DDR RAM transfers data at the top and bottom of the clock signal or two operations per tick.

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post
                    in my point of view this is fraud not to test the out of the box experience... DDR5-4000 speeds...

to hold back the benchmarks only because intel and their board partners are complete incompetent full idiots

is a complete fraud... and abuse of power.

if intel does not want DDR5-4000 speeds benchmarks then they should fix their stuff before the launch of the new cpus.,

but one thing is clear: FUCK YOU INTEL... no one should buy any intel cpu anyway.
                    considering other reviewers didnt' have issue testing, fault is probably not on Intel side it is either Asus or specific motherboard having some issues. But dammit the amd fanboy energy from you is blinding.

Comment

Working...
                    X