Intel's Vulkan Driver Lands More Patches To Help Reduce CPU Overhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Vulkan Driver Lands More Patches To Help Reduce CPU Overhead

Phoronix: Intel's Vulkan Driver Lands More Patches To Help Reduce CPU Overhead

A set of 12 patches adding 720 lines of new code and removing 222 lines of existing code to Intel's "ANV" open-source Vulkan driver have been merged for Mesa 22.3 to help reduce the Vulkan push descriptor CPU overhead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I know about all the rumours of Intel giving up with discreet video cards and shifting arc to igpus only but I really, strongly, hope Intel doesn't give up on dedicated graphics cards.

Comment

Originally posted by middy View Post
      I know about all the rumours of Intel giving up with discreet video cards and shifting arc to igpus only but I really, strongly, hope Intel doesn't give up on dedicated graphics cards.
      the rumours do not say that they give up... but they need to spend more man hours to fix their driver and in this time of fixing their drivers it does not make sense to have 3-4 chips per lineup they will focus on 1 chip per generation until their drivers are fixed.

also their highend 770 chip is so slow that it is only accepted as low-end gpu like the 3060 is a low-end gpu...

so next generation instead of pointless 3-4 different chips they make 1 chip ... this will reduce their costs and reduce the loss they make on the gpus right now. and will make it more easy to develop their drivers.

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

I'd still like to know how things are with SR-IOV.

Comment

When does the split with HASVK occur? Seems like this would be a good one for elderly iGPUs

Comment

Working...
          X