Intel Arc Graphics A750 + A770 Linux Gaming Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anux View Post
    I doubt that, it would have locked them in PCIe 4 for the next 3 generations.
    Not true. AM4 started out at PCIe 3.0 and only moved to PCIe 4.0 after in Ryzen 3000-series (i.e. 3rd gen; Zen 2).

It just meant that you had to buy a new motherboard with your Zen 2 processor, if you wanted PCIe 4.0. Originally, AMD even had enabled one slot @ PCIe 4.0 on previous-generation boards, but I guess there were too many problems because they quickly walked it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
      The A770/A750 are low end cards... We won't see high-end Intel GPUs until next generation Battlemage. The RX 6600 is faster than the Vega 64 at 1080p/1440p and performs the same at 4K. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/g...-eagle/31.html

The card is able to run a ton of games with ray tracing at 1080p/1440p and I'm sure with XeSS it will be even faster: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/i...c-a770/34.html

Your point of view is wrong, you bought a flagship from 2017 of course it's still competing with low end cards in 2022. The idle power consumption is a driver bug which I'm sure Intel will fix just like AMD did recently as I previously mentioned. If you noticed from both AMD and Nvidia, the only way to increase gaming performance now adays is to drastically increase power consumption. We see with the RTX 4090 they're using 450w at stock.
      man my display is 4K because of this i am not interested in 1080p/1440p benchmark results ...
      I also think 1080p/1440p becomes more and more obsolete in the next years.

you call my vega64 power hungry but at the same time Nvidia builds 450 watt cards... and you say stuff like: "the only way to increase gaming performance now adays is to drastically increase power consumption"

what a joke man. but you call my opinion: "Your point of view is wrong"

really man? whats wrong with you ? my point of view is this: wait 3 weeks until the RDNA3 release on 5nm then this 6nm intel gpu is obsolete and also vega@14nm/RDNA1@7nm/RDNA2@7nm are also obsolete.

also on linux raytracing is useless just show me what raytracing action you can do on linux... wait 3 weeks or buy an old card on ebay and save the money.

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        That Vtuber mostly tested things like web browsers and other UI related stuff. OpenGL isn't just for games.
        people told you 1000 times that LLVM-Pipe was fast enough for web browsing and other UI stuff,..
        thats the problem with you you tell lies then people correct you and 1 week later you tell the same lies again...

the ARM cpu cores are so fast on m1/m2 that LLVM-Pipe was already fast enough for most cases and i talk about 99%...

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        All DX9 games run on potatoes. What people care about is DX11 performance.
        you are a linux gamer right ?... just in case you missed the point: DKVK/Proton does not yet run on intel ARC gpus..

Who told you this?
        you know most of my writing magic is based on the fact that i read many forum topics and many forum posts and this info is from people who already bought intel ARC gpu and they tested to play valve steam games with Proton/DXVK and it does not work...

you think you are smart... but you are not. you should wait until people report that intel arc works with proton/DXVK...

I do not like micro-stuttering. If that is the case then good luck Intel.
        this is exactly what people report here in the forum just read the complete forum topic people tell you this and people give you sources of testers who proof this.

of course this is the case... intel give us a low-end card and then they have massive stuttering even if the FPS are good and averate FPS are also good the joke is to make it playable max FPS and average FPS do not count its the minimum FPS and stuttering what makes it unplayable...

AMD screwed up when they charged more for the motherboard than the CPU with the Ryzen 7000 series. It seems that AMD and Nvidia don't know what a recession is. Also it doesn't mater if AMD is coming out with RDNA3, because we do want Intel to compete. This isn't a sports team where we root for one side. Wait and see how many GPU's AMD releases that are $300. The answer is zero, at least for 6 months to a year. Intel at least priced their GPU's at mainstream prices.
        AMD has no control over the price of the mainboards... in the past AMD did not even produce the chipset...
        the only think they can do about the motherbord prices is to make the cpus cheaper thats why the 7000 cpus are 100€ cheaper than the 5000 series cpus...
        same with expensive DDR5 ram AMD has no control over the RAM price.

you told me you are a gamer why not buy a 5800X3D ? it is as fast in games as the 7000 series cpus..

"AMD and Nvidia don't know what a recession"

AMD has no fucking control over a recession... man please ...

"because we do want Intel to compete."

wishfull thinking you do want it but reality teaches you a lesson..

"This isn't a sports team where we root for one side."
        in sports 1 team has the eual chances to win than the other team... in reality in cpu and gpu tech this is different
        one team like intel controls the ISA and does ISA war (intel for CPUs) and the other team need to be 300% as good to fix this monopole advantage...

in sports there is fairness but in business in this field there is no fairness at all.

". Wait and see how many GPU's AMD releases that are $300."

exactly 1 ?... the radeon 7500XT

Comment

• Originally posted by qarium View Post

man my display is 4K because of this i am not interested in 1080p/1440p benchmark results ...
          I also think 1080p/1440p becomes more and more obsolete in the next years.

you call my vega64 power hungry but at the same time Nvidia builds 450 watt cards... and you say stuff like: "the only way to increase gaming performance now adays is to drastically increase power consumption"

what a joke man. but you call my opinion: "Your point of view is wrong"

really man? whats wrong with you ? my point of view is this: wait 3 weeks until the RDNA3 release on 5nm then this 6nm intel gpu is obsolete and also vega@14nm/RDNA1@7nm/RDNA2@7nm are also obsolete.

also on linux raytracing is useless just show me what raytracing action you can do on linux... wait 3 weeks or buy an old card on ebay and save the money.
          1080p/1440p isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. These resolutions are used for esports. New 1080p 500hz monitors were announced.

Vega is power hungry, as mentioned I own both a Vega 64 and Radeon VII. In three weeks we’re Not going to see a sub $500 dollar RDNA3 card. They’re only going to announce the 7900/7800 GPUs. We didn’t see the RX 6600 XT until a year after the RX 6800/6900 release.

Our AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 review confirms that the company achieved major performance improvements over their last-generation Polaris and Fiji cards: Vega is faster than the GTX 1080. We tested six different performance configurations of the Vega 64, with surprising results.

• Extremely high power draw
          • Lots of fan noise
          • High temperatures
          • Throttling
          • Coil noise at high FPS
          • Fan does not stop in idle

Ray tracing on Linux works fine on my Titan RTX with a handful of games thanks to VKD3D-proton.

Looks like Intel already added ray tracing support on Linux too: https://www.phoronix.com/news/Intel-...Tracing-Enable

Comment

• Originally posted by coder View Post
            Not true. AM4 started out at PCIe 3.0 and only moved to PCIe 4.0 after in Ryzen 3000-series (i.e. 3rd gen; Zen 2).
            True, but still AMD never had a problem staying behind Intel with DDR or PCIe. They probably saw benefits of having PCIe 5 with SSDs and GPU direct acces rather than having the same label as Intel on their boards.

Comment

people told you 1000 times that LLVM-Pipe was fast enough for web browsing and other UI stuff,..
              Tell those people I said they're wrong.
              thats the problem with you you tell lies then people correct you and 1 week later you tell the same lies again...
              LLVM-Pipe uses the CPU which will use more battery and still be slower by a noticeable amount. Facts aren't lies.
              the ARM cpu cores are so fast on m1/m2 that LLVM-Pipe was already fast enough for most cases and i talk about 99%...
              Then why does Apple even include a GPU? Save the silicon and remove it. Clearly you know what's best.

you are a linux gamer right ?... just in case you missed the point: DKVK/Proton does not yet run on intel ARC gpus..

you know most of my writing magic is based on the fact that i read many forum topics and many forum posts and this info is from people who already bought intel ARC gpu and they tested to play valve steam games with Proton/DXVK and it does not work...

you think you are smart... but you are not. you should wait until people report that intel arc works with proton/DXVK...
              You have a source or not? You can't just say things without proving it. Put a link.
              AMD has no control over the price of the mainboards...
              They have direct control. Either that or sell their own motherboards because clearly their board partners have lost their minds.
              AMD has no fucking control over a recession... man please ...
              You can't raise prices and expect stuff to sell. In fact, it isn't.

". Wait and see how many GPU's AMD releases that are $300."

exactly 1 ?... the radeon 7500XT
              There is not 7500 XT you dolt. At least not for a while.

Comment

1080p/1440p isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. These resolutions are used for esports. New 1080p 500hz monitors were announced.
                yeah right but it becomes a niche this kind of extreme esports... also 500hz i think the human can not use it or see it.

Originally posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
                Vega is power hungry, as mentioned I own both a Vega 64 and Radeon VII. In three weeks we’re Not going to see a sub $500 dollar RDNA3 card. They’re only going to announce the 7900/7800 GPUs. We didn’t see the RX 6600 XT until a year after the RX 6800/6900 release.
                https://www.techpowerup.com/review/a...ega-64/37.html[/LIST]​
                the 4090 is also power hungry does not make it a bad card.

"They’re only going to announce the 7900/7800 GPUs"

i have different informations than this. they will launch the 7700 first then the 7800 and 7900 and 79503D last...

the reason for this is the highend cards depent on 3D stagged cache and like the cpus they launch without 3D cache first and then they launch super highend with 3D cache later on top of that.

they use the 7700 as pipe cleaner of the 5nm node the 7700 will have 6950xt level of performance with only 8gb vram.
                and the price will be something like 800€

Originally posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
                Ray tracing on Linux works fine on my Titan RTX with a handful of games thanks to VKD3D-proton.
                Looks like Intel already added ray tracing support on Linux too: https://www.phoronix.com/news/Intel-...Tracing-Enable
                "handful of games" and 'Titan RTX... well people who buy intel arc do not have performance level of titan rtx... and well handful of games means you pay extra for very little to gain.

Comment

yeah right but it becomes a niche this kind of extreme esports... also 500hz i think the human can not use it or see it.

the 4090 is also power hungry does not make it a bad card.

"They’re only going to announce the 7900/7800 GPUs"

i have different informations than this. they will launch the 7700 first then the 7800 and 7900 and 79503D last...

the reason for this is the highend cards depent on 3D stagged cache and like the cpus they launch without 3D cache first and then they launch super highend with 3D cache later on top of that.

they use the 7700 as pipe cleaner of the 5nm node the 7700 will have 6950xt level of performance with only 8gb vram.
                  and the price will be something like 800€

"handful of games" and 'Titan RTX... well people who buy intel arc do not have performance level of titan rtx... and well handful of games means you pay extra for very little to gain.
                  It makes no sense for Nvidia or AMD to release a non-flagship card. They have so much inventory of their last generation cards. They’re just going to drop the price of the RX 6800/6900/6950 XT and release the 7800/7900 with similar price tags of the RTX 4080/4090. The RX 6700 XT was released like 6 months after the 6800/6900. Lisa Su said they’re no longer the budget brand. Their prices are going to be as overpriced as Nvidia’s pricing.

The 3090/3090 Ti/4080/4090 are power hungry but their performance per watt is are high. The performance per watt of the RX Vega 64 is horrible: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/a...ega-64/32.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                    Tell those people I said they're wrong.
                    LLVM-Pipe uses the CPU which will use more battery and still be slower by a noticeable amount. Facts aren't lies.
                    Then why does Apple even include a GPU? Save the silicon and remove it. Clearly you know what's best.
                    well you do not have a apple m1/m2 means all you talk is pure speculation.
                    and people who do have an M1/M2 told you LLVM-Pipe is already fast enough.

"LLVM-Pipe uses the CPU which will use more battery"

this is true but does not care at all because bettery time is already good. (the best)

"still be slower by a noticeable amount"

who cares ? right now only gamers care about this part and clearly no gamer buy M1/M2

"Facts aren't lies."

you as a person who do not have apple m1/m2 you claim X then people pop up who do have this hardware and say you are wrong... ok 1 week later you claim the same wrong lie shit again.

"Then why does Apple even include a GPU? Save the silicon and remove it. Clearly you know what's best."

its clear why apple include the gpu there are apps and games who use it and with macos they have also gpu driver..

the linux people are a niche for apple.

You have a source or not? You can't just say things without proving it. Put a link.
                    people in this forum topic did allready give links as source. and also people who already have the intel arc gpu also say this.
                    also you can use google you will be surprised what you find if you search for intel arc stuttering...

They have direct control. Either that or sell their own motherboards because clearly their board partners have lost their minds.
                    wrong they have no control also they do not have the resources to build and sell the mainboards themself.

"clearly their board partners have lost their minds"

this is true but this will only change over time and maybe changes after the release of the lowend mainboards
                    B640/650 chipset

what can they do about this? the board partners think they can make a big profit AMD can not change this.

similar mainboards from intel are already cheaper this means there is no reason for such high prices.

You can't raise prices and expect stuff to sell. In fact, it isn't.

There is not 7500 XT you dolt. At least not for a while.
                    AMD did not do raise prices in fact the 7000 series is 100€ cheaper than the 5000 series ... this means AMD did in fact lower their prices.

you claim AMD did raise prices thats not true... similar intel mainboards are already cheaper there is no reason for such high mainboard prices.

if you see here; https://geizhals.de/?cat=mbam5 the cheapest am5 mainboard is 309€

similar intel mainboards are 166€ : https://geizhals.de/?cat=mbp4_1700&xf=493_4x+DDR5+DIMM

why do you think AMD has control over this ?

for AMD there is only one possibility to bypass this if they re-release the 5nm 7000 cpus as am4 cpus with ddr4 ... but the performance will not be the same.

Comment

It makes no sense for Nvidia or AMD to release a non-flagship card. They have so much inventory of their last generation cards. They’re just going to drop the price of the RX 6800/6900/6950 XT and release the 7800/7900 with similar price tags of the RTX 4080/4090. The RX 6700 XT was released like 6 months after the 6800/6900. Lisa Su said they’re no longer the budget brand. Their prices are going to be as overpriced as Nvidia’s pricing.
                      The 3090/3090 Ti/4080/4090 are power hungry but their performance per watt is are high. The performance per watt of the RX Vega 64 is horrible: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/a...ega-64/32.html
                      you know what a pipecleaner is ? if you see history of amd the last 10 years they always use pipecleaners if they start a new node.
                      the 7900 can not be a pipecleaner because the mm² of the die is to big the result would be a total lost of all dies.
                      just to make an example what a pipecleaner is for amd all the HD4000 cards where in fact 55nm only the HD4770 RV740 was 40 nm
                      and the RV740 is a small chip.
                      pipe cleaner need to be small chip because the amount of damanged chip are high. if they make a big chip first they lose all dies.

They see in the 7700 no danger to their 6700 and 6900 because of only 8gb vram many people want more vram and then they buy the 6950XT anyway.

also because the 7700 is a pipecleaner product the driver will also not be ready for the big show they use the 7700 to fix the drivers.

the 7800 and 7900 and 79503D will launch later wiŧh fixed drivers and also full yields of the chips.

"Lisa Su said they’re no longer the budget brand"

the 7700 will cost 800€ its not a budget product.

"the RX Vega 64 is horrible:"

yeah i get it if the cards runs 99% in idle its horrible to burn so much energy per FPS in benchmarks or games...

you are out of your mind really.

Comment

Working...
                      X