No announcement yet.

Intel Arc Graphics A750 + A770 Linux Gaming Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally some great benchmark results! Ran into one review unfairly sloshing the Intel Arc cards against a $500-600 NVIDIA 3060 TI rather than the $300-400 NVIDIA 3060.

As others are wondering, wondering how these Intel Arc GPU cards hold-up with being installed onto older motherboards and older CPUs? My guess, they'll likely do alright, far better than the older NVIDIA GTX 670 GPUs and other older GPU cards. In others words, likely an OK upgrade regardless whether or not rebar function is available. However, guessing most only using their computers for games may fair slightly better just tossing more money at NVIDIA.

Comment

Slower, hotter, and more expensive than comparable AMD mid-range cards, with the bonus of not working with various games at all.

Not great. Still, this is probably about as good as you can expect a 1st-gen product to be. It was never going to be very competitive, it's just building blocks for the next couple generations of hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
        i dont understand why they take so long with driver side
        One reason: https://www.semiaccurate.com/2022/09...ving-problems/

I'll bet some who didn't take the opportunity to leave are now kicking themselves.​​

Nvidia likewise had to relocate a bunch of employees out of Russia: https://www.reuters.com/technology/n...es-2022-10-03/

Comment

Originally posted by lyamc View Post
          What I really want one for is the AV1 hardware encoder because, IIRC, the hardware encoder was stripped from the RX6500
          We might see this happen more often now that most CPUs have at least a small GPU integrated.​

Originally posted by rogerx View Post
          As others are wondering, wondering how these Intel Arc GPU cards hold-up with being installed onto older motherboards and older CPUs? My guess, they'll likely do alright, far better than the older NVIDIA GTX 670 GPUs and other older GPU cards. In others words, likely an OK upgrade regardless whether or not rebar function is available.
          What are you guessing this from? Certainly not on the benchmarks that's been done with A380, because they show the exact opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
            What are you guessing this from? Certainly not on the benchmarks that's been done with A380, because they show the exact opposite.
            In this article we're testing the Intel Arc A770 graphics card running at PCI-Express 3.0, to get a feel for performance on older systems that don't have the PCIe Gen 4 capability. Another round of testing is done with PCIe Resizable Bar disabled, and finally we have benchmarks on Gen 4 with ReBaR off.

Comment

The Title is really promising but sadly the website shows no graphs (already testet different Browsers).

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
                The Title is really promising but sadly the website shows no graphs (already testet different Browsers).
                I see them.

There are 3 charts, each showing relative performance at different resolutions. The baseline (100%) is A770 running @ PCIe 4.0 x16 with ReBAR. I'm putting them in table form, since there are 2 independent variables.

1920x1080
                No ReBAR ReBAR
                PCIe 3.0 72% 98%
                PCIe 4.0 77% 100%

2560x1440
                No ReBAR ReBAR
                PCIe 3.0 70% 98%
                PCIe 4.0 76% 100%

3840x2160
                No ReBAR ReBAR
                PCIe 3.0 73% 98%
                PCIe 4.0 80% 100%

If you get the web page to work, you'll also get to see other graphics cards.
                Last edited by coder; 06 October 2022, 04:48 AM.

Comment

By the time the drivers mature enough to compete, Intel will have killed this product line off.
                  Last edited by Mike Frett; 06 October 2022, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
                    By the time the drivers mature enough to compete, Intel will have killed this product line off.
                    No, they said they're committed to the roadmap, and at least one more generation is virtually certain.

Please stop spreading this FUD.

Comment

Michael

Thanks for the answer about Intel Arc Control.

What about resize-bar (or Smart Access Memory for Amd) on an Amd style B450/B550 motherboard?
                      Do you have to have an intel motherboard to use them ?
                      Did you plan to make some others test on a Amd motherboard ?
                      What are the parameters on the UEFI side ?

Comment

Working...
                      X