No announcement yet.

Intel Arc Graphics A750 + A770 Linux Gaming Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe in a few iterations I might try an all Intel system. And now AMD is including integrated GPUs by default too. What a great time to be a Linux user!

Comment

Chicken and egg scenario?
      if first gen arc doesn’t sell well:Will intel commit further funds and to what level?
      for a first gen card, they don’t seem too bad, especially for non-game use.
      2d Gen should probably look better.. if intel spends the development money to optimize hardware and drivers.
      But if not enough of the first gen sell… who knows.. I am guessing there will be an improved 2d gen with better software.
      for a few hundred, I may get one just to show some support for their efforts and wait for 2d gen to get a “top of the line” version.

Comment

this is funny.
        i like the fact that phoronix could test the arc. but guru3d didnt receive the hardware to test...

Comment

Imho intel should support GVT-G on these cards. This would help with attractiveness. (Amd and Nvidia are only offering gpu partitioning on enterprise level.)

Comment

Its basically how I would have expected the card to perform. The strong volatility of the benchmark outcomes show that on the driverside there not everything optimized yet but once this is done I could imagine that intel will hold its place in the market. If they keep up the efforts to compete.

Comment

Intel fine wine here we come, decent gaming performance, decent compute performance. Can’t wait to see a review to compare Intel’s XMX cores against Nvidia’s Tensor cores.

The A770 with 16GB of vRAM on paper looks like a fantastic card for deep learning with OneAPI.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
                Its basically how I would have expected the card to perform. The strong volatility of the benchmark outcomes show that on the driverside there not everything optimized yet but once this is done I could imagine that intel will hold its place in the market. If they keep up the efforts to compete.
                A lot of judder in the specific rankings, but, as recently suggested by Intel and others, about (with a lot of "it depends" responses) RTX3060 performance and MSRP. For those of more modest needs and wallet (and especially if one is wanting an open source driver solution), it looks to be a good opening salvo into the discrete GPU battles. However, we all know that success will be measured in sales volume and revenue, and that will depend on Windows consumers where the potential consumer volume is, and the DC where the big revenue can be achieved (i.e. desktop Linux is noise in the numbers).

Comment

The min FPS look rather good but that doesn't tell the whole tale. Michael did you see micro stuttering? Probably not because of ReBar, a test with AMD CPUs and or PCIe 3 might look different.
                  Let's see where the real prices settle in after a few months.

Maybe Igors Lab got a little more on those details, gonna check that out ...

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                    Well, price wise the RX6600 still best bang for buck overall, save 100$ at least and just overclock for the difference. At least until is clear if the performance is affected by drivers or that is actually their top.
                    Pay that OC in your electricity bill.

Comment

Performance is better than I expected considering it's still in early support. With further optimizations these may be an excellent alternative to AMD.

Good job Intel.

Comment

Working...
                      X