X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Originally posted by qarium View Post
    people told you 1000 times that LLVM-Pipe was fast enough for web browsing and other UI stuff,..
    Tell those people I said they're wrong.
    thats the problem with you you tell lies then people correct you and 1 week later you tell the same lies again...
    LLVM-Pipe uses the CPU which will use more battery and still be slower by a noticeable amount. Facts aren't lies.
    the ARM cpu cores are so fast on m1/m2 that LLVM-Pipe was already fast enough for most cases and i talk about 99%...
    Then why does Apple even include a GPU? Save the silicon and remove it. Clearly you know what's best.

you are a linux gamer right ?... just in case you missed the point: DKVK/Proton does not yet run on intel ARC gpus..

you know most of my writing magic is based on the fact that i read many forum topics and many forum posts and this info is from people who already bought intel ARC gpu and they tested to play valve steam games with Proton/DXVK and it does not work...

you think you are smart... but you are not. you should wait until people report that intel arc works with proton/DXVK...
    You have a source or not? You can't just say things without proving it. Put a link.
    AMD has no control over the price of the mainboards...
    They have direct control. Either that or sell their own motherboards because clearly their board partners have lost their minds.
    AMD has no fucking control over a recession... man please ...
    You can't raise prices and expect stuff to sell. In fact, it isn't.

". Wait and see how many GPU's AMD releases that are $300."

exactly 1 ?... the radeon 7500XT
    There is not 7500 XT you dolt. At least not for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Anux
    replied
    Originally posted by coder View Post
    Not true. AM4 started out at PCIe 3.0 and only moved to PCIe 4.0 after in Ryzen 3000-series (i.e. 3rd gen; Zen 2).
    True, but still AMD never had a problem staying behind Intel with DDR or PCIe. They probably saw benefits of having PCIe 5 with SSDs and GPU direct acces rather than having the same label as Intel on their boards.

Leave a comment:

• WannaBeOCer
    replied

man my display is 4K because of this i am not interested in 1080p/1440p benchmark results ...
    I also think 1080p/1440p becomes more and more obsolete in the next years.

you call my vega64 power hungry but at the same time Nvidia builds 450 watt cards... and you say stuff like: "the only way to increase gaming performance now adays is to drastically increase power consumption"

what a joke man. but you call my opinion: "Your point of view is wrong"

really man? whats wrong with you ? my point of view is this: wait 3 weeks until the RDNA3 release on 5nm then this 6nm intel gpu is obsolete and also vega@14nm/RDNA1@7nm/RDNA2@7nm are also obsolete.

also on linux raytracing is useless just show me what raytracing action you can do on linux... wait 3 weeks or buy an old card on ebay and save the money.
    1080p/1440p isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. These resolutions are used for esports. New 1080p 500hz monitors were announced.

Vega is power hungry, as mentioned I own both a Vega 64 and Radeon VII. In three weeks we’re Not going to see a sub $500 dollar RDNA3 card. They’re only going to announce the 7900/7800 GPUs. We didn’t see the RX 6600 XT until a year after the RX 6800/6900 release.

Our AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 review confirms that the company achieved major performance improvements over their last-generation Polaris and Fiji cards: Vega is faster than the GTX 1080. We tested six different performance configurations of the Vega 64, with surprising results.

• Extremely high power draw
    • Lots of fan noise
    • High temperatures
    • Throttling
    • Coil noise at high FPS
    • Fan does not stop in idle

Ray tracing on Linux works fine on my Titan RTX with a handful of games thanks to VKD3D-proton.

Looks like Intel already added ray tracing support on Linux too: https://www.phoronix.com/news/Intel-...Tracing-Enable

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    That Vtuber mostly tested things like web browsers and other UI related stuff. OpenGL isn't just for games.
    people told you 1000 times that LLVM-Pipe was fast enough for web browsing and other UI stuff,..
    thats the problem with you you tell lies then people correct you and 1 week later you tell the same lies again...

the ARM cpu cores are so fast on m1/m2 that LLVM-Pipe was already fast enough for most cases and i talk about 99%...

All DX9 games run on potatoes. What people care about is DX11 performance.
    you are a linux gamer right ?... just in case you missed the point: DKVK/Proton does not yet run on intel ARC gpus..

Who told you this?
    you know most of my writing magic is based on the fact that i read many forum topics and many forum posts and this info is from people who already bought intel ARC gpu and they tested to play valve steam games with Proton/DXVK and it does not work...

you think you are smart... but you are not. you should wait until people report that intel arc works with proton/DXVK...

I do not like micro-stuttering. If that is the case then good luck Intel.
    this is exactly what people report here in the forum just read the complete forum topic people tell you this and people give you sources of testers who proof this.

of course this is the case... intel give us a low-end card and then they have massive stuttering even if the FPS are good and averate FPS are also good the joke is to make it playable max FPS and average FPS do not count its the minimum FPS and stuttering what makes it unplayable...

AMD screwed up when they charged more for the motherboard than the CPU with the Ryzen 7000 series. It seems that AMD and Nvidia don't know what a recession is. Also it doesn't mater if AMD is coming out with RDNA3, because we do want Intel to compete. This isn't a sports team where we root for one side. Wait and see how many GPU's AMD releases that are $300. The answer is zero, at least for 6 months to a year. Intel at least priced their GPU's at mainstream prices.
    AMD has no control over the price of the mainboards... in the past AMD did not even produce the chipset...
    the only think they can do about the motherbord prices is to make the cpus cheaper thats why the 7000 cpus are 100€ cheaper than the 5000 series cpus...
    same with expensive DDR5 ram AMD has no control over the RAM price.

you told me you are a gamer why not buy a 5800X3D ? it is as fast in games as the 7000 series cpus..

"AMD and Nvidia don't know what a recession"

AMD has no fucking control over a recession... man please ...

"because we do want Intel to compete."

wishfull thinking you do want it but reality teaches you a lesson..

"This isn't a sports team where we root for one side."
    in sports 1 team has the eual chances to win than the other team... in reality in cpu and gpu tech this is different
    one team like intel controls the ISA and does ISA war (intel for CPUs) and the other team need to be 300% as good to fix this monopole advantage...

in sports there is fairness but in business in this field there is no fairness at all.

". Wait and see how many GPU's AMD releases that are $300."

exactly 1 ?... the radeon 7500XT

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    Originally posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
    The A770/A750 are low end cards... We won't see high-end Intel GPUs until next generation Battlemage. The RX 6600 is faster than the Vega 64 at 1080p/1440p and performs the same at 4K. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/g...-eagle/31.html

The card is able to run a ton of games with ray tracing at 1080p/1440p and I'm sure with XeSS it will be even faster: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/i...c-a770/34.html

Your point of view is wrong, you bought a flagship from 2017 of course it's still competing with low end cards in 2022. The idle power consumption is a driver bug which I'm sure Intel will fix just like AMD did recently as I previously mentioned. If you noticed from both AMD and Nvidia, the only way to increase gaming performance now adays is to drastically increase power consumption. We see with the RTX 4090 they're using 450w at stock.
    man my display is 4K because of this i am not interested in 1080p/1440p benchmark results ...
    I also think 1080p/1440p becomes more and more obsolete in the next years.

you call my vega64 power hungry but at the same time Nvidia builds 450 watt cards... and you say stuff like: "the only way to increase gaming performance now adays is to drastically increase power consumption"

what a joke man. but you call my opinion: "Your point of view is wrong"

really man? whats wrong with you ? my point of view is this: wait 3 weeks until the RDNA3 release on 5nm then this 6nm intel gpu is obsolete and also vega@14nm/RDNA1@7nm/RDNA2@7nm are also obsolete.

also on linux raytracing is useless just show me what raytracing action you can do on linux... wait 3 weeks or buy an old card on ebay and save the money.

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    Originally posted by Anux View Post
    I doubt that, it would have locked them in PCIe 4 for the next 3 generations.
    Not true. AM4 started out at PCIe 3.0 and only moved to PCIe 4.0 after in Ryzen 3000-series (i.e. 3rd gen; Zen 2).

It just meant that you had to buy a new motherboard with your Zen 2 processor, if you wanted PCIe 4.0. Originally, AMD even had enabled one slot @ PCIe 4.0 on previous-generation boards, but I guess there were too many problems because they quickly walked it back.

Leave a comment:

• Anux
    replied
    Originally posted by coder View Post
    I think that, if Intel hadn't jumped to PCIe 5.0 in Alder Lake, AM5 would still be on PCIe 4.0.
    I doubt that, it would have locked them in PCIe 4 for the next 3 generations.

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    AMD screwed up when they charged more for the motherboard than the CPU with the Ryzen 7000 series. It seems that AMD and Nvidia don't know what a recession is.
    So far, all we have are the high-end boards. Hopefully, the lower-end boards will be more affordable.

FWIW, I've long criticized PCIe 5.0 for being a step too far, too soon, that inevitably adds cost to motherboards and consumers simply don't need. Not to mention burning more power, as well.

I think that, if Intel hadn't jumped to PCIe 5.0 in Alder Lake, AM5 would still be on PCIe 4.0.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied

right but there is a big difference no gamer would ever buy a apple m1/m2 and intel advertise the arc gpus for gamers.
    That Vtuber mostly tested things like web browsers and other UI related stuff. OpenGL isn't just for games.
    then the gamers discover intel arc has 1/3 the performance on direcX9 titles
    All DX9 games run on potatoes. What people care about is DX11 performance.
    and intel ARC gpus does not work yet with valve proton... this alone means most games do not run on linux.
    Who told you this?
    also this is false set of priorities of course the software is compatible but thats not the question at all the question is how good or how bad the games run and if you like micro-stuttering all around then go for it.
    I do not like micro-stuttering. If that is the case then good luck Intel.
    DXVK/Proton does not work at all right now on intel arc....
    Where is this info?
    in 3 weeks AMD release RDNA3 cards... i am sure as soon as you see the RDNA3 cards this will no longer the case: "you'd bet Intel is on the table"
    AMD screwed up when they charged more for the motherboard than the CPU with the Ryzen 7000 series. It seems that AMD and Nvidia don't know what a recession is. Also it doesn't mater if AMD is coming out with RDNA3, because we do want Intel to compete. This isn't a sports team where we root for one side. Wait and see how many GPU's AMD releases that are $300. The answer is zero, at least for 6 months to a year. Intel at least priced their GPU's at mainstream prices.

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    Originally posted by rogerx View Post
    Hey, didn't Mike get free multiple Intel Arc GPU cards? Crack of the whip... ;-) However, so far, Mike's Intel Arc 750/770 review pretty much excelled past all other reviews.
    Be nice to Michael. It's a one-man operation and he doesn't take any days off (he has a wife + kid to support). He developed and maintains PTS / OpenBenchmarking.org, as well.

Shrugs, regardless, if I get my hands on one, I'll likely publish my non-biased results. Well, sort of non-biased... Just so sick of buggy closed source code drivers.
    Intel has a "dev cloud" thing. Maybe you could apply for an account and try to run PTS on it.

Or you could search OpenBenchmarking.org, to see if someone has already run some compute benchmarks on it.

I'm in no rush, since I'm a little ways off from buying one. I would need a new system to put it in, and that won't happen for at least a couple more months.

Ditto with problems being likely source code level, or driver and software level bugs. Intel seems to have a good consumer reputation with most products. However, expect the worse ~20% degradation in comparison with similar today's graphics cards.
    According to WannaBeOCer 's link, the raytracing performance is better than their conventional rendering performance, so that could give us some hope.

I think it's plausible their cards' compute performance is better than their gaming performance, relatively speaking. On a related note, I expect their XMX units to give them an advantage over AMD, on deep learning.

I'm pretty bummed about the rumor of no fp64 support, but I don't have an immediate need for it. It would be nice to be able to do things like small matrix inversions on the GPU, without hurting performance too badly. A fair compromise would've been to give them scalar-only fp64.
    Last edited by coder; 08 October 2022, 09:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X