X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qarium
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
    If Intel is already considering cancelling this GPU endeavour, I'm not going to buy something that will have support ended in a year.
    wrong intel did not cancelling its gpu endeavour they did reduce it from 4 chips per generation from lowend to highend to just 1 chip per generation.

DG3 will be a 8gb vram card designes mainly for notebooks but there will also be a PCIe card for developers and tech people.

DG4 will also be only 1 card. they do this until their driver and gpu tech is competive to do 4 or more chips per generation again.

they accepted that they can not compete in highend for a long time means 5 years or so.

Leave a comment:

• DarkFoss
    replied
    Too bad there is no FP64 on the Arc cards. It makes them useless for F@H.

Leave a comment:

• Mahboi
    replied
    Will they actually respect the date? Will they have load or just a paper launch again?

Leave a comment:

• Mike Frett
    replied
    If Intel is already considering cancelling this GPU endeavour, I'm not going to buy something that will have support ended in a year.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Will it support hw acceleration for virtual machines? If so I'm going to buy one.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
    I just took a look at the benchmarks on Intel's promotion page. It advertises running Cyberpunk 2077 @ just over 60 FPS at a resolution of 1440p for the A770. That's pretty unimpressive really. I can already get that on an AMD 5500XT. Granted that's without ray tracing, which doesn't really add a lot to the experience for the most part. .
    Which settings? Everything on Ultra can even let a 5700XT dip quite frequently below 50 fps @1080p (obviously RT off) e.g. driving a Caiburn outside view racing through citycenter during sun dawn.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Originally posted by brad0 View Post

It amazes me how deluded people are.
    It amazes me how people think that the gfxcard market is still like 2005.
    Anything(!) which might give a liitle more competition into the quasi monopoly of nvidia even if it is on the low end is welcome unless you think nvidia is reasonable priced

Leave a comment:

• user1
    replied
    Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
    And I'm telling you I get between 55-65 FPS with "HIGH" settings at an average of 58 FPS @ 1440p. I don't care about your opinion or assumptions.
    I have no idea how you're getting these numbers on high settings 1440p. According to this and other benchmark videos, 5500xt performs much worse. Maybe you have FSR enabled?
    Last edited by user1; 28 September 2022, 03:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rogerx
    replied
    Funny as heck reading these posts...

Can pretty much guarantee, most running Linux whom are long time users of nVidia cards are going to jump (nVidia's) ship for Intel. I for being one of them.

Find it really odd EVGA, as supposedly as successful as EVGA is, is supposedly exiting the GPU market. Maybe just more hype? Similar to the hype about Intel failing the discrete GPU market? What would be even funnier, if EVGA is just dumping nVidia for Intel GPU's. Shrugs... I think the pinwheels are starting to spin ...

Leave a comment:

• TemplarGR
    replied
    Seems like a great gpu. I am definitely interested in it. Especially with intel mesa drivers maturing. I am done supporting a greedy duopoly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X