No announcement yet.

Mesa 22.3 Merges The Big Draw Throughput Improvement For Intel's Vulkan Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 22.3 Merges The Big Draw Throughput Improvement For Intel's Vulkan Driver

Phoronix: Mesa 22.3 Merges The Big Draw Throughput Improvement For Intel's Vulkan Driver

From two weeks back you may recall the small patches that led to increasing Intel's Vulkan driver draw throughput by ~60%+. Well, as of yesterday the refined version of that work has landed within Mesa 22.3...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

please backport it to 8th gen, please!

Comment

Their Windows colleagues might want to take a look at Mike's tool, too to eliminate some CPU overhead.

Comment

Dang, is it a full moon today? The Mesa hits just keep on coming today!

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
          Their Windows colleagues might want to take a look at Mike's tool, too to eliminate some CPU overhead.
          I would surmise that somewhere someone is tooling it to see if anything in Windows land can benefit. Still, nice work from Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Tian View Post
            please backport it to 8th gen, please!
            Give it some time. They're going to want to see benefits from the newer gen hardware before the older gen stuff gets some love. I would think some benefit will come down the road for the old gen stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by kozman View Post

Give it some time. They're going to want to see benefits from the newer gen hardware before the older gen stuff gets some love. I would think some benefit will come down the road for the old gen stuff.
              I hope you are right and they give some love to old hardware, I just tried to self patch it and it compiled but did not render (well it showed a gray square). And the worst part is that (at least for me) its a downgrade from current drivers, I went from vulkan 1.3.211 to vulkan 1.2.228! like WTF?!

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
                They will probably use Windows versions like this:

Comment

Originally posted by kozman View Post
                  Dang, is it a full moon today? The Mesa hits just keep on coming today!
                  Are you living under a rock, Mesa is hitting hard since months. No week on phoronix without some nice improvment news, feels like we should already be at 300 % performance.

Comment

After Mike's Spaghetti and Meatballs I'm eagerly waiting for heavy Mac'n'cheese

Comment

Working...
                    X