Intel Gallium3D "Iris" Driver Changes Merged For Rusticl's OpenCL 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Gallium3D "Iris" Driver Changes Merged For Rusticl's OpenCL 3.0

Phoronix: Intel Gallium3D "Iris" Driver Changes Merged For Rusticl's OpenCL 3.0

While Intel's Compute-Runtime stack is fully open-source and already provides OpenCL 3.0 support for recent generations of Intel graphics under Linux, it looks like the recently-merged "Rusticl" Rust OpenCL implementation in Mesa will soon be working too on Intel graphics hardware as an alternative OpenCL 3.0 implementation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This will be an awesome way to compare AMD and Intel's OpenCL implementation. If Rusticl will be getting 50% of one vendor's perofrmance and 70% of the other, then we could know one implementation has a lot of work to do. And I really do wonder how close it will get to official implementation, Zink took a long time to get close to native performance, I hope Rusticl has an easier job in front of it.

Comment

It's great that it's all in one place, but it's a bit of a ballache to compile, but I guess Rust is going to be just as important as having C or C++ installed going forward

Comment

Originally posted by JacekJagosz View Post
        This will be an awesome way to compare AMD and Intel's OpenCL implementation. If Rusticl will be getting 50% of one vendor's perofrmance and 70% of the other, then we could know one implementation has a lot of work to do. And I really do wonder how close it will get to official implementation, Zink took a long time to get close to native performance, I hope Rusticl has an easier job in front of it.
        like this? https://twitter.com/karolherbst/stat...03723253125125

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post
          No way! Viva la open source then!

Comment

I'm waiting for AMD. That's exactly where it will be appropriate.

Comment

Working...
            X