Intel's SYCLomatic 20220829 Released For Converting CUDA Code To C++ SYCL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's SYCLomatic 20220829 Released For Converting CUDA Code To C++ SYCL

Phoronix: Intel's SYCLomatic 20220829 Released For Converting CUDA Code To C++ SYCL

Back in May Intel announced SYCLomatic as an open-source tool for converting CUDA code to C++ SYCL for execution within their oneAPI stack on Intel GPUs and more. Out today is SYCLomatic 20220829 as their first tagged version of this code porting helper...

https://www.phoronix.com/news/Intel-SYCLomatic-20220829

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    SYCLomatic aims to ease the transition of NVIDIA CUDE

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo:
      I caught that and enjoyed it. Sounds a wee bit naughty, but perhaps that's just me. Sounds like a portmanteau of CUDA and one or another word. However, something like CRUDA would probably be a bit too on the nose. CUDE is suggestive while crucially maintaining a degree of strategic ambiguity.

Thought about mentioning, but figured I'd give others the gift of the same enjoyment I got from it.
      Last edited by coder; 30 August 2022, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Typo:
        doh thanks
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

SYCLomatic
          That would be a great name for Hacked John Deere firmware.

coder If you got a giggle from that, you'll enjoy their commit log as much as I did:

20220829: [SYCLomatic] Refine migration of two thrust APIs, enable one thrust API migration and fix two thrust types not migrated (#168)

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

That would be a great name for Hacked John Deere firmware.

coder If you got a giggle from that, you'll enjoy their commit log as much as I did:

I imagine a gitlog generator outputting stuff like this:

20220830: [SYCLomatic] Refine migration of five thrust APIs, enable two thrust API migration and fix one thrust types not migrated (#166) ​
            20220831: [SYCLomatic] Improve performance of two thrust APIs, implement two thrust API and fix one thrust types not functioning #169) ​

Comment

Working...
            X