Intel Arc Graphics Running On Fully Open-Source Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unic0rn View Post
    Considering that dx9-dx11 can go through DXVK, those GPUs should run games a lot better under linux.
    Theoratically the same could be true for DXVK on Windows aswell, but last I heard there their Vulkan driver is rather horrible...

Comment

Yeah, I also would like to see how AV1 and VP9 decoding is working with the A380 under Firefox.

Comment

I'd be curious as to how well it works with Zink, given the apparent emphasis on DX12/Vulkan.

Comment

oneAPI Level Zero and/or OpenCL
          -> I will buy when I will have this support
          Developer of Ultracopier/CatchChallenger and CEO of Confiared

Comment

Originally posted by vegabook View Post
            Nice on the open source drivers but it's not enough. These discrete GPUs are DoA. Late. Slow. incomplete. Rumours flying that they'll meet their maker Xeon Phi-style.

Intel would be well advised to look to the future, take this IP and stick it on-package with a huge memory bus, M1-style, and forget about dGPUs. Remember math coprocessors? No you probably don't. Exactly.
            GPU will Meet maker by
            a) itanium style
            b) xeon phi style
            c) optane style ?

Comment

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post

GPU will Meet maker by
              a) itanium style
              b) xeon phi style
              c) optane style ?

d) all of the above

Comment

Gonna see if I can grab a couple of these through work.

Same with the Intel Flex series: https://www.theregister.com/2022/08/...ic_sound_gpus/

I have been waiting for a desktop GPU with the same stability and boringness as the Intel laptop GPUs for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

4:2:0 is enough for picture, video and game.

4:4:4 looks better for desktop capture.
                  For games it is not good either as there are commonly small text written in chats/HUDs etc. and they get screwed up. Picture/video yes.

Comment

ASSSUMING Intel will have Vulkan drivers in good enough state, I shall LAUGH MY ASS OFF if it turns out that Intel will work much better with dx9 and dx11 with Steam on Linux than it will do so on Windows. We have been doing VK to DX transition for half decade, and DX12 to DX9 is just new AND its just released by Microsoft. Which means it will be shitshow.(and as far as I know - it is)

Comment

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post

GPU will Meet maker by
                      a) itanium style
                      b) xeon phi style
                      c) optane style ?

Itanium style? Are you implying Xe will have over a decade of new generations, be generally competitive until late in its life, and generate well into the tens of billions of dollars in revenue? Sounds positive.

Comment

Working...
                      X