Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Announces Data Center GPU Flex Series

Phoronix: Intel Announces Data Center GPU Flex Series

Intel's Arctic Sound M is being announced today as the Intel Data Center GPU Flex Series.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There aren't any links to the announcement. How am I supposed to know where did you find this information?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      There aren't any links to the announcement. How am I supposed to know where did you find this information?
      Because I don't have any links to the information when writing the articles in advance. In advance I am usually just supplied PDFs.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r
        Edit: I wonder if youtube on the server side is using this kind "data center gpus" to re-encode uploaded videos?
        At the scale of YouTube it's not good enough. Google has designed their own Video Coding Unit for this purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Because I don't have any links to the information when writing the articles in advance. In advance I am usually just supplied PDFs.
          Oh! So this is completely original news.
          Sorry!

Comment

Is it just me or is Intel getting really, really good at this business of announcing things?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
              Is it just me or is Intel getting really, really good at this business of announcing things?
              Perhaps the opposite. 30+ game streams of what? Just encoding?

Comment

Minor typo...
                Arctic Sound M as reported many times in the past is built off their DG2 (Alchemsit)
                Test signature

Comment

I'm more and more convinced that this is going to be Larrabee/Xeon Phi all over again.

The consumer version will release, get panned for being rubbish, someone at Intel will throw their proverbial toys out of the pram and it will be cancelled, only to live on for a few years as a datacenter product before finally being completely canned. Maybe a cut down version will make it into the iGPUs of the 15th or 16th gen chips in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Perhaps the opposite. 30+ game streams of what? Just encoding?
                    My interpretation from combining this encoding with their focus on cloud gaming is that they are targeting this at online cloud gaming providers who need to run the game then encode the output as video to the player in real time. I wonder if there is enough of a market for this.

Comment

Working...
                    X