Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Begins Readying Graphics Driver Changes For Linux 6.1 - More DG2/Alchemist Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Begins Readying Graphics Driver Changes For Linux 6.1 - More DG2/Alchemist Work

Phoronix: Intel Begins Readying Graphics Driver Changes For Linux 6.1 - More DG2/Alchemist Work

Intel open-source engineers have readied their first batch of "drm-intel-gt-next" changes for DRM-Next of material they are preparing for introduction with the Linux 6.1 kernel cycle later this year...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, any signs of Intel sending you an Alchemist GPU your way? There are not many (if any) Linux benchmarks on Alchemist out there. I think of buying one myself, just for the "adventure".

EDIT: Didn't see the image subtitle "I'll have Arc Graphics A380 Linux information and benchmarks beginning to flow out tomorrow."
    Last edited by Mershl; 24 August 2022, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Michael

I'll have Arc Graphics A380 Linux information and benchmarks beginning to flow out tomorrow.
      Holy

Last edited by pinguinpc; 24 August 2022, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I guess Intel is pretty lax about their embargos?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          I guess Intel is pretty lax about their embargos?
          What embargo?
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            What embargo?
            Many companies don't let reviewers release any info (except maybe photos and stats) until a certain date, which is usually the release date of the product.

Comment

Many companies don't let reviewers release any info (except maybe photos and stats) until a certain date, which is usually the release date of the product.
              Right, I am well aware and routinely engage in embargoes, but I am not under any embargo concerning the A380. The A380 cards are beginning to appear in the US retail space.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Right, I am well aware and routinely engage in embargoes, but I am not under any embargo concerning the A380. The A380 cards are beginning to appear in the US retail space.
                Ah I wasn't aware that was already happening. I only knew of them showing up in China's market. Nevermind then hah.

Comment

Ah I wasn't aware that was already happening. I only knew of them showing up in China's market. Nevermind then hah.
                  I read on another online service that Newegg has an ASRock-branded version of the Intel A380.

Newegg has a listing says "Shipped & Sold by Newegg", but now showing "Out Of Stock". So it was probably not overseas marketplace stuff from Asia.

This card does not interest me, but these links were "active" when I posted this message.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=asrock+a380

Buy ASRock Challenger Arc A750 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 x16 ATX Video Card A750 CLD 8GO with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Crazy.
                    Even Intel GPUs are made of unobtanium.

Comment

Working...
                    X