Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erniv2 View Post

Like i said it´s a software issue.

And since this is a Linux based forum, we all start our proton based steam clients and run the old games on DXVK, oh praise Intel for investing time into optimising Vulkan performance
    Sry i just couldnt resist.
    Igors Lab did some testing and seems to think it is a problem with a hardware scheduler. It may also effect Battle Mage.

As for all the chips Intel fabbed that are sitting around. It isn't guaranteed they get released in a consumer card. If the number crunchers decide to kill the consumer side of ARC the Alchemist parts probably won't be widely released because Intel would have to eat the price of supporting them. I would suspect that Intel would look for a different way to use the chips to get some money back, but not as a gaming card. Maybe dev boards or some thing. In any case Intel has to keep working on compute for the data centre side because your road kill with out it these days.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
      The saltiest troll, this side of the pond!
      Well, Pal666 hasn't been very active of late, so you can probably keep the seat warm.

Comment

Originally posted by MadeUpName View Post
        I would suspect that Intel would look for a different way to use the chips to get some money back, but not as a gaming card. Maybe dev boards or some thing. In any case Intel has to keep working on compute for the data centre side because your road kill with out it these days.
        Their "Arctic Sound" server cards use the same GPU chips as the consumer products. They could just end up going there.

Comment

Working...
        X