No announcement yet.

Intel Introduces The Arc A-Series Mobile Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael, I didn't visit the site recently, so I wonder is this a current quality of “feature” articles? The article is basically a copy of images from an Intel presentation deck and a word salad, which is basically repetition of the same few ideas rephrased in different words a couple of times.

BTW, there is a typo:
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    --
    I assume that you meant “—” (em-dash).

P.S. Unicode hex input is still broken on this forum under macOS, because ⌥ + hex code often trigger some useless hotkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by yurikoles View Post
      Michael, I didn't visit the site recently, so I wonder is this a current quality of “feature” articles? The article is basically a copy of images from an Intel presentation deck and a word salad, which is basically repetition of the same few ideas rephrased in different words a couple of times.
      1. It's big news.
      2. There's no hardware to review. This is just a "paper launch". There's not much more he really can say, at this juncture.

Originally posted by yurikoles View Post
      BTW, there is a typo:

I assume that you meant “—” (em-dash).
      As a person privileged to have a keyboard with all of the characters I regularly use, I don't even bother to insert a true m-dash. I don't claim to speak for Michael, but if it's not ambiguous what I really mean, then I don't see the point. I'm pretty sure m-dash is really about typography — that's where it even gets its name* — and these are forum posts, not published manuscripts.

* I've heard the name refers to its width being supposedly equivalent to that of an "m", as opposed to the standard "-" being the width of an "n".

Comment

Working...
      X