Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Introduces The Arc A-Series Mobile Graphics

Phoronix: Intel Introduces The Arc A-Series Mobile Graphics

Intel today is formally introducing their Arc 3 series mobile graphics that will begin appearing in laptops beginning in April while Arc 5 and Arc 7 graphics are coming out in the "early summer" for the much anticipated Intel discrete graphics offerings.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's good to have more competition around consumer GPUs, but the Arc 3 benchmarks aren't that impressive. It seems that it's around AMD's 680M level of performance

Comment

Only HDMI 2.0 support in 2022?

Comment

stay tuned for that when we get our hands on actual hardware
        Do you expect to get something before the end of April?

Comment

is this dGPU or iGPU?

Comment

Originally posted by dwaleke View Post
            Only HDMI 2.0 support in 2022?
            And DisplayPort 1.4a or are you talking about HDMI >2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

And DisplayPort 1.4a or are you talking about HDMI >2.0?
              I would expect any newly released graphics product to support the current standards.

In this case HDMI 2.1 48Gbps.

DisplayPort 2.0 would have been nice to see, but Intel's GPUs have likely been in development longer than that spec has been available so I wouldn't expect support for it.
              Last edited by dwaleke; 30 March 2022, 01:52 PM.

Comment

The best part of these new graphics chips is the hardware encoder.
                When will AMD step up its game and add 4:4:4...

Comment

Sweet, especially the AV1 encode. I'm gonna get a discrete one to add to my workstation even if I don't use it for graphics accel lol.
                  Last edited by microcode; 30 March 2022, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwaleke View Post

I would expect any newly released graphics product to support the current standards.

In this case HDMI 2.1 48Gbps.

DisplayPort 2.0 would have been nice to see, but Intel's GPUs have likely been in development longer than that spec has been available so I wouldn't expect support for it.
                    Possibly. But if this is really just the updated business class line of mobile GPUs then it's unsurprising it's still standard HDMI 2.0b and DP 1.4. Many businesses don't update their hardware very fast and the new display hardware is still backwards compatible. At least Intel is explicitly saying HDMI 2.0 and not adopting the very deceptive HDMI 2.1 marketing labeling. I have to give them credit for that bit of honesty.

Comment

Working...
                    X