No announcement yet.

Intel's ConnMan 1.41 Released With WPA3-SAE WPA_Supplicant Support, New IWD Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's ConnMan 1.41 Released With WPA3-SAE WPA_Supplicant Support, New IWD Too

Phoronix: Intel's ConnMan 1.41 Released With WPA3-SAE WPA_Supplican t Support, New IWD Too

Intel open-source engineer Marcel Holtmann is marking the end of January with new releases to their ConnMan Linux network connection manager software along with a new IWD as their iNet Wireless Daemon as an alternative to WPA_Supplicant on Linux systems...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-1.41-IWD-1.23

I’ve tried IWD last week on a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, but it seems to crash during the connecting step. Going to give it another try with the new version.

I really like the configuration simplicity compared to wpa_supplicant. It looks promising.

EDIT: Just tried the new version, it works like a charm! I still get an error about "CMD_SET_CQM failed: Operation not supported", but this time it just connects without crashing the daemon.
    Last edited by amxfonseca; 31 January 2022, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amxfonseca View Post
      I’ve tried IWD last week on a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, but it seems to crash during the connecting step. Going to give it another try with the new version.
      No issue with that here. The only issue I have is that it won't automatically connect to a network, so I have to click the Connect button every time I lose connection.

I've also tried ConnMan in the past, but I'm still unsure whether it's any better than NetworkManager. Can anyone tell me if it's worth trying again?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

No issue with that here. The only issue I have is that it won't automatically connect to a network, so I have to click the Connect button every time I lose connection.

I've also tried ConnMan in the past, but I'm still unsure whether it's any better than NetworkManager. Can anyone tell me if it's worth trying again?
        It is a lot less bloated than nm last time I checked, so that is already a win.

Comment

Michael Typos in the last paragraph:
          Holtmann also released IWB 1.23 as their WPA_Supplicant alternative. WPA_Supplicant 1.23 is a smaller release with just seeing fixes around handling handshake offloading and at_console/D-Bus policy handling. IWD 1.23 is available from its kernel.org repo.

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post

It is a lot less bloated than nm last time I checked, so that is already a win.
            I was actually talking about the workings, the stability, etc., but I agree that less bloated is a win.

Comment

Working...
            X