Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Releases SVT-AV1 0.9 For Quicker AV1 Video Encoding

Phoronix: Intel Releases SVT-AV1 0.9 For Quicker AV1 Video Encoding

Intel in cooperation with the Appliance for Open Media have released SVT-AV1 0.9 with nearly one year worth of changes to this high performance CPU-based AV1 video encoder. SVT-AV1 0.9 is now even faster as shown by our latest benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Appliance for Open Media!

Comment

lmaooo, I never thought of Appliance for Open Media.

So good.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Appliance for Open Media!
        I'm wondering if he wrote it on purpose as a joke.

Comment

It’s impressive to see the 12900K this much ahead of the 5950X. I trust that it’s not even helped by AVX-512, which Intel has disabled on Alder Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by rhadlee View Post
            It’s impressive to see the 12900K this much ahead of the 5950X. I trust that it’s not even helped by AVX-512, which Intel has disabled on Alder Lake.
            This update was developed by Intel. If I were them I'd optimize the code in a way that my new products shine more than the products of the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by rhadlee View Post
              intel 12900KF TDP is: 241W

AMD 5950X TDP is: 105W

and now the joke the AMD 5800X3D has a TDP of 105Watt and beats the 12900KF...
              Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

I'm wondering if he wrote it on purpose as a joke.
                Probably autoincorrect via dictation. I am seeing this more and more all over the tech sites.

Comment

I generally find anything higher then preset 7 to be mostly unusable, but it's nice to see the preformance increase anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post

intel 12900KF TDP is: 241W

AMD 5950X TDP is: 105W

and now the joke the AMD 5800X3D has a TDP of 105Watt and beats the 12900KF...
                    AMD idles at 4 times the wattage.

AMD has bigger consumption of wattage per FPS in games.

AMD has 125W TDP.

Intel doesn't lose much performance by limiting itself to 125W TDP.

Intel has much bigger OC/undervolting margins.

So unless you do some sort of workload like rendering farm, Intel is not less efficient.

Comment

Working...
                    X