Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One-Line Patch To Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver Can Help Modern Games By A Few Percent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One-Line Patch To Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver Can Help Modern Games By A Few Percent

Phoronix: One-Line Patch To Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver Can Help Modern Games By A Few Percent

A patch merged into Mesa 22.0 on Tuesday for Intel's "ANV" open-source Vulkan Linux driver is helping bump up the perforrmance in modern games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well that’s fun. Good to know that simple stuff like that can still provide a nice little increase in performance.

Comment

Michael So... What is a "binding table pool" exactly? I assume it is a memory pool of "binding tables". But what is a "binding table"? What does it bind? Or perhaps I should ask what it tables?

The article isn't really clear on this.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: One-Line Patch To Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver Can Help Modern Games By A Few Percent

A patch merged into Mesa 22.0 on Tuesday for Intel's "ANV" open-source Vulkan Linux driver is helping bump up the perforrmance in modern games...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...an-Few-Percent
        Was the patch by a Scottish programmer? lol

Comment

Originally posted by linuxgeex View Post

Was the patch by a Scottish programmer? lol
          I know it’ll probably ruin the joke, yet I’d like to ask if you could please explain it?

Comment

Originally posted by Beherit View Post
            I know it’ll probably ruin the joke, yet I’d like to ask if you could please explain it?
            Michael used "perforrmance" to describe the one-line patch. Although Scots are native English speakers, a peculiarity of their dialect is that they tend to roll their r's. So yeah it's a subtle joke.
            Last edited by linuxgeex; 17 January 2022, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X