Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One-Line Patch To Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver Can Help Modern Games By A Few Percent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One-Line Patch To Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver Can Help Modern Games By A Few Percent

Phoronix: One-Line Patch To Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver Can Help Modern Games By A Few Percent

A patch merged into Mesa 22.0 on Tuesday for Intel's "ANV" open-source Vulkan Linux driver is helping bump up the perforrmance in modern games...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...an-Few-Percent

Well that’s fun. Good to know that simple stuff like that can still provide a nice little increase in performance.

Comment

Michael So... What is a "binding table pool" exactly? I assume it is a memory pool of "binding tables". But what is a "binding table"? What does it bind? Or perhaps I should ask what it tables?

The article isn't really clear on this.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Phoronix: One-Line Patch To Intel's Vulkan Linux Driver Can Help Modern Games By A Few Percent

A patch merged into Mesa 22.0 on Tuesday for Intel's "ANV" open-source Vulkan Linux driver is helping bump up the perforrmance in modern games...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...an-Few-Percent
        Was the patch by a Scottish programmer? lol

Comment

Originally posted by linuxgeex View Post

Was the patch by a Scottish programmer? lol
          I know it’ll probably ruin the joke, yet I’d like to ask if you could please explain it?

Comment

Originally posted by Beherit View Post
            I know it’ll probably ruin the joke, yet I’d like to ask if you could please explain it?
            Michael used "perforrmance" to describe the one-line patch. Although Scots are native English speakers, a peculiarity of their dialect is that they tend to roll their r's. So yeah it's a subtle joke.
            Last edited by linuxgeex; 17 January 2022, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X