Intel Announces New Alder Lake CPUs, Alchemist Graphics Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qarium View Post

to me it looks like intel is driving a very anti-competive stradegy by only allow their GPUs run with intel CPUs...

this combined with some special OEM deals will make sure there is no competition on the free market.

the DG1 did only run with intel cpus.
    If that is the case then these GPUs will be a failure, and a miserable one...

Comment

I don't get why Intel doesn't sell CPU-soldered-motherboard, since every new generation CPU requires a new MB chip.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

If that is the case then these GPUs will be a failure, and a miserable one...
        it maybe looks like a failure to you but it is not a failure to intel...

in the peak-GPU crisis the GPUS are very very expensive if intel is able to produce cheap GPUs then you are literally forced to buy intel cpu.

for you it looks like failure for intel it is a win. if you are forced to buy intel cpu and intel chipset and intel gpu then intel win.
        Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

I'm all the time saying nowadays is the worse time ever to be alive. Overworked, pandemic, poor pay, corrupt politicians, etc. But when it comes to computing there has never been a better time to be alive than the 2020s! Between Alder Lake and Zen 3+ and Zen 4 these times are so exciting to live in! I can get in a mobile chip today what I could get in a two socket server a decade ago. We are just now retiring some duel quad core Xeon Dell servers so 16 thread servers spread over two sockets and these Alder Lake mobile CPUs some of them have more threads than those servers, and lest not forget I can get in a 2 socket AMD EPYC system more threads than half a rack of those old servers. What a time to be alive!

Comment

Intel... Can you please just strap the 96 EU iGPU onto the entire lineup? Or maybe only offer a stripped-down iGPU on the very bottom option? I spend less than 1% of my time waiting on CPU in my regular desktop computing/casual gaming/entertainment existence, but the lower-end GPUs aren't adequate except for embedded devices.

Also... consider strapping 16GB RAM into the package and having all memory expansion happen over CXL. Imagine a 'memory director' that prioritized the near-die RAM. the same way 'thread director' handles the P and E cores.

Comment

Originally posted by Modu View Post
              I don't get why Intel doesn't sell CPU-soldered-motherboard, since every new generation CPU requires a new MB chip.
              - To allow future upgrades (say you buy a mid-range CPU but then you decide to buy a high-end CPU later)
              - To give the customer more choice (different motherboard design, Wi-Fi/no Wi-Fi, number of PCIe slots, etc.)
              - To not discard the CPU in the event of a motherboard failure
              Last edited by tildearrow; 04 January 2022, 09:43 PM.

Comment

to me it looks like intel is driving a very anti-competive stradegy by only allow their GPUs run with intel CPUs...
                There's nothing in this article that says that their GPUs will only work with Intel GPUs. Why are you trying to spread that?

the DG1 did only run with intel cpus.
                The DG1 was a small-scale OEM-only release that only worked on a few Intel processor in one or two motherboards with a special BIOS. It was also had few execution units than some of their mobile iGPUs. It was strictly a test release. Not something that was meant to be in every home.

Comment

Waiting for Chinese OEMs to start putting the Pentium 8505 and Celeron 7305 into their laptops and mini PCs.

Considering that they only started shipping J4125 laptops and mini PCs around the end of 2019 and N5095 laptops and mini PCs around Q4 2021, Alder Lake laptops and mini PCs will probably only show up near the end of 2022.
                  Last edited by Sonadow; 04 January 2022, 11:37 PM.

Comment

LOL they are bragging about the boxed coolers?
                    Are they that desperate?
                    Just those plastic clips make me puke.

Comment

@Intel
                      Please give us a i7 12700 Desktop SKU (8P+0E) without E cores (at a price that does not include any E core charges) and be done with it.

Linux users want that. Nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                      X