Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Announces New Alder Lake CPUs, Alchemist Graphics Update

Phoronix: Intel Announces New Alder Lake CPUs, Alchemist Graphics Update

Intel is using CES 2022 to announce the 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors led by the H-series processors, new 35-Watt and 65-Watt 12th Gen Core desktop CPUs, an updated Intel Evo specification, and an update on their DG2/Alchemist discrete graphics efforts.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Up to. Yeah, up to.
    That marketing word...

I mean, couldn't Intel just say "5-40% faster" instead of hiding the truth? Up to means that maybe in one specific workload it will be 40% faster, but during other uses (probably a majority of uses) it won't be...

Comment

Also...

Arc "Alchemist" graphics processors to OEM customers have begun shipping.
      Guess we'll never see the Intel GPU. It will remain an OEM and mainframe thing only.

Comment

Michael
        Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        new flagship mobile processor is the COre i9 12900HK
        Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        Intel says they are more than 50 new mobile
        They have? There are?

Comment

I dunno this kinda fell flat this year.

Comment

WiFi 6E, not in europe though at least not for the AX210 PCIe M.2 cards you buy stand-alone.. They did not update the firmware embeeded regulatory DB to support 6E bands in europe

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              Guess we'll never see the Intel GPU. It will remain an OEM and mainframe thing only.
              It was already expected that it would be shipping to OEMs this month and shipping directly to consumers in March.

I was really hoping there would be some info about whether or not they'll support SR-IOV like their integrated GPUs do. That would be huge for people who currently dual boot Windows and Linux and would rather just run Linux in a virtual machine.

Comment

said to be up to 4% faster than prior generation
                legit can't tell if this is fact or satire

Comment

Up to. Yeah, up to.
                  That marketing word...

I mean, couldn't Intel just say "5-40% faster" instead of hiding the truth? Up to means that maybe in one specific workload it will be 40% faster, but during other uses (probably a majority of uses) it won't be...
                  from one side yes, but from 2nd side, 11980HK on their graph seems to perform about as well as benchmarks on internet show. It is rather unlikely they made some special benchmark that shows only their alder lake perform well but not previous gen.

Comment

Also...
                    to me it looks like intel is driving a very anti-competive stradegy by only allow their GPUs run with intel CPUs...

this combined with some special OEM deals will make sure there is no competition on the free market.

the DG1 did only run with intel cpus.
                    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
                    X