Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Has A Number Of WiFi Improvements Ready For Linux 5.17

Phoronix: Intel Has A Number Of WiFi Improvements Ready For Linux 5.17

Intel's modern WiFi driver "IWLWIFI" is set to see a number of improvements with the Linux 5.17 kernel development cycle kicking off in January...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh great, my wifi is about to be broken again. Whenever intel touches this driver something goes wrong.

Comment

do they still block AP mode on 5ghz?

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post
        Oh great, my wifi is about to be broken again. Whenever intel touches this driver something goes wrong.
        The good thing about the GPL. At least someone with sufficient skill can come along and fix what they break - assuming people of sufficient skill are interested in doing so!

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
          do they still block AP mode on 5ghz?
          that's what i wanted to ask! bloody annoying. well i wanted to do parallel with 802.11ax, the workaround i found i couldn't get to go, but i could "see" the ssid at least. just couldn't connect to it.

Comment

> The good thing about the GPL. At least someone with sufficient skill can come along and fix what they break - assuming people of sufficient skill are interested in doing so!

Firmware is a binary blob.

Comment

Still have no clue why for many buying Intel network hardware (wifi+eth) equals to buying quality. Regardless what you buy, there's always something broken.
              At least it's not that expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Nobody View Post
                Still have no clue why for many buying Intel network hardware (wifi+eth) equals to buying quality. Regardless what you buy, there's always something broken.
                At least it's not that expensive.
                Probably because it is normally much better than the available alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by mercutio View Post

that's what i wanted to ask! bloody annoying. well i wanted to do parallel with 802.11ax, the workaround i found i couldn't get to go, but i could "see" the ssid at least. just couldn't connect to it.
                  do you have a link or something for alternatives to AP mode?

is the driver opensource?

Comment

Working...
                  X