Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Has A Number Of WiFi Improvements Ready For Linux 5.17

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Intel Has A Number Of WiFi Improvements Ready For Linux 5.17

    Phoronix: Intel Has A Number Of WiFi Improvements Ready For Linux 5.17

    Intel's modern WiFi driver "IWLWIFI" is set to see a number of improvements with the Linux 5.17 kernel development cycle kicking off in January...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...iFi-Linux-5.17

  • #2
    Oh great, my wifi is about to be broken again. Whenever intel touches this driver something goes wrong.

    Comment


    • #3
      do they still block AP mode on 5ghz?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Almindor View Post
        Oh great, my wifi is about to be broken again. Whenever intel touches this driver something goes wrong.
        The good thing about the GPL. At least someone with sufficient skill can come along and fix what they break - assuming people of sufficient skill are interested in doing so!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by loganj View Post
          do they still block AP mode on 5ghz?
          that's what i wanted to ask! bloody annoying. well i wanted to do parallel with 802.11ax, the workaround i found i couldn't get to go, but i could "see" the ssid at least. just couldn't connect to it.

          Comment


          • #6
            > The good thing about the GPL. At least someone with sufficient skill can come along and fix what they break - assuming people of sufficient skill are interested in doing so!

            Firmware is a binary blob.

            Comment


            • #7
              Still have no clue why for many buying Intel network hardware (wifi+eth) equals to buying quality. Regardless what you buy, there's always something broken.
              At least it's not that expensive.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Old Nobody View Post
                Still have no clue why for many buying Intel network hardware (wifi+eth) equals to buying quality. Regardless what you buy, there's always something broken.
                At least it's not that expensive.
                Probably because it is normally much better than the available alternatives.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mercutio View Post

                  that's what i wanted to ask! bloody annoying. well i wanted to do parallel with 802.11ax, the workaround i found i couldn't get to go, but i could "see" the ssid at least. just couldn't connect to it.
                  do you have a link or something for alternatives to AP mode?

                  is the driver opensource?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X