Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 5.16 Merges Fix For One Of The Intel Alder Lake Issues

Phoronix: Linux 5.16 Merges Fix For One Of The Intel Alder Lake Issues

Merged this Friday afternoon into the Linux 5.16 development kernel is fixing a performance issue affecting some Intel Alder Lake motherboards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks for your effort Michael

Comment

I'm sure we can expect benchmarks... someday.

No particular personal rush, as I lashed together a new AMD system over the summer. Just generally curious, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Krteq View Post
        Thanks for your effort Michael
        Indeed, thank you Michael for providing these benchmarks. I wish people paid more attention to Phoronix because despite being just another website, it is a rather significant one.
        It's sad to see he had to shut down the LinuxBenchmarking project...

Comment

In regards to the x86 Cluster scheduling code, why don't they just disable it on Alder Lake? Other x86 platforms could still benefit from that work. The impact in terms of market penetration of Alder Lake is not that big right now, but as the regression is pretty big I can understand that they would rather show off their product in a better light - but please don't hold others back.

Comment

In the other news which Michael carefully avoids, you should not be using kernel 5.15.5 which contains an incomplete set of patches and may lead to a suboptimal functioning of your SATA drives.

More details here: 215137 – Since 5.15.5 asking for cache data fails on one disk

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

It's sad to see he had to shut down the LinuxBenchmarking project...
              ??? What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by ferry View Post

??? What do you mean?
                I used to run daily benchmarks of the Linux kernel (and other components) on a daily basis at LinuxBenchmarking.com for tracking regressions on multiple systems... But shut it down for lack of support due to energy and cooling costs, etc.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I used to run daily benchmarks of the Linux kernel (and other components) on a daily basis at LinuxBenchmarking.com for tracking regressions on multiple systems... But shut it down for lack of support due to energy and cooling costs, etc.
                  Move to the Iceland where its very cold and they have very cheap (almost free electricity) due to geothermal

Problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

Move to the Iceland where its very cold and they have very cheap (almost free electricity) due to geothermal

Problem solved!
                    It doesn't look like it's almost free for the consumer.

Comment

Working...
                    X