Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.16 Merges Fix For One Of The Intel Alder Lake Issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Linux 5.16 Merges Fix For One Of The Intel Alder Lake Issues

    Phoronix: Linux 5.16 Merges Fix For One Of The Intel Alder Lake Issues

    Merged this Friday afternoon into the Linux 5.16 development kernel is fixing a performance issue affecting some Intel Alder Lake motherboards...

    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...s-ADL-ITMT-Fix

  • #2
    Thanks for your effort Michael

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm sure we can expect benchmarks... someday.

      No particular personal rush, as I lashed together a new AMD system over the summer. Just generally curious, is all.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Krteq View Post
        Thanks for your effort Michael
        Indeed, thank you Michael for providing these benchmarks. I wish people paid more attention to Phoronix because despite being just another website, it is a rather significant one.
        It's sad to see he had to shut down the LinuxBenchmarking project...

        Comment


        • #5
          In regards to the x86 Cluster scheduling code, why don't they just disable it on Alder Lake? Other x86 platforms could still benefit from that work. The impact in terms of market penetration of Alder Lake is not that big right now, but as the regression is pretty big I can understand that they would rather show off their product in a better light - but please don't hold others back.

          Comment


          • #6
            In the other news which Michael carefully avoids, you should not be using kernel 5.15.5 which contains an incomplete set of patches and may lead to a suboptimal functioning of your SATA drives.

            More details here: 215137 – Since 5.15.5 asking for cache data fails on one disk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

              It's sad to see he had to shut down the LinuxBenchmarking project...
              ??? What do you mean?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ferry View Post

                ??? What do you mean?
                I used to run daily benchmarks of the Linux kernel (and other components) on a daily basis at LinuxBenchmarking.com for tracking regressions on multiple systems... But shut it down for lack of support due to energy and cooling costs, etc.
                Michael Larabel
                http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Michael View Post

                  I used to run daily benchmarks of the Linux kernel (and other components) on a daily basis at LinuxBenchmarking.com for tracking regressions on multiple systems... But shut it down for lack of support due to energy and cooling costs, etc.
                  Move to the Iceland where its very cold and they have very cheap (almost free electricity) due to geothermal

                  Problem solved!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

                    Move to the Iceland where its very cold and they have very cheap (almost free electricity) due to geothermal

                    Problem solved!
                    It doesn't look like it's almost free for the consumer.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X