X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pegasus
    replied
    Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
    So humans have to define what is "good code".
    I'd start with Spark ADA as a requirement and then work from there ...

Leave a comment:

• CommunityMember
    replied
    Originally posted by kvuj View Post
    That's pretty cool. I'd imagine machine learning would be great at this sort of processing huge amounts of data and finding anomalies.
    No such tool is perfect. But perfect is the enemy of good enough, and the various code analysis tools have identified code areas that are, at least, sufficiently questionable to be reviewed. I will take and review such advice each and every time.

Leave a comment:

• Paradigm Shifter
    replied
    So humans have to define what is "good code".

Hopefully the definition will be "does exactly what it needs to, doesn't do anything it doesn't need to, with zero bugs, unexpected behaviours or vulnerabilities".

How much code fits that definition?

print("Hello world!")

And even that is doubtful depending on the language chosen.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    ... And next comes the GPLv4, denying the use of source code for the purpose of training an AI unless the AI itself is open-sourced under a GPL license.

Luckily is it under the MIT License.

Leave a comment:

• kvuj
    replied
    That's pretty cool. I'd imagine machine learning would be great at this sort of processing huge amounts of data and finding anomalies.

Leave a comment:

• Intel Releases ControlFlag 1.0 For AI-Driven Detection Of Bugs Within C Code

Phoronix: Intel Releases ControlFlag 1.0 For AI-Driven Detection Of Bugs Within C Code

Intel last month open-sourced "ControlFlag" for finding bugs within source code by using AI with training off more than a reported one billion lines of code. Intel has said they have successfully been using it within their software from applications down to firmware. The new milestone today is ControlFlag 1.0 being released...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ontrolFlag-1.0
Working...
X