Intel UHD Graphics 770 / Alder Lake GT1 Linux Graphics Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel UHD Graphics 770 / Alder Lake GT1 Linux Graphics Performance

Phoronix: Intel UHD Graphics 770 / Alder Lake GT1 Linux Graphics Performance

Published yesterday was the Core i5 12600K / Core i9 12900K Linux review looking at the exciting performance uplift provided by Alder Lake. One of the areas only talked about briefly in yesterday's article were the UHD Graphics 770 found with these new desktop processors, due to time constraints with only having a few days so far for carrying out tests. Today the initial batch of UHD Graphics 770 / ADL-S GT1 Linux graphics/gaming benchmarks have wrapped up to show how the Intel graphics performance compares to prior generation Rocket Lake as well as AMD's Ryzen 7 5700G.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Intel's iGPU performance has come a long way, but it seems they still have a long way to go.

Comment

so the Xe cores/whatever are only on tiger lake?

Comment

Left 4 Dead 2 Vulkan performance on the 5700G looks like there's a driver issue.

Comment

Originally posted by loganj View Post
          Intel's desktop chips just have a lot fewer gpu cores. Their laptops have up to 96, while Rocket Lake only had 32.

Comment

Probably would be useful to include a "real" game like one of the Tomb Raider games, since these numbers don't tell me much. Though I suppose DotA 2 running at 30 fps is one data point that shows that integrated graphics still have a long way to go before casual gamers can consider to forgo a dedicated graphics card. The 5700G looks pretty good though.

Comment

It's possible that Michael is still working out some tricks to get the heavier games going. Everything so far is pretty light and fluffy stuff. I doubt he'd say that something doesn't work until he's exhausted every possibility; Michael is very tenacious.

I must admit I was hoping for a better showing from the latest Intel desktop GPUs, mostly to encourage AMD to pull out a few more stops to up their APU performance. Nevertheless, I've got high hopes for Rembrant paired with DDR5.

Comment

Originally posted by gukin View Post
                It's possible that Michael is still working out some tricks to get the heavier games going. Everything so far is pretty light and fluffy stuff. I doubt he'd say that something doesn't work until he's exhausted every possibility; Michael is very tenacious.

I must admit I was hoping for a better showing from the latest Intel desktop GPUs, mostly to encourage AMD to pull out a few more stops to up their APU performance. Nevertheless, I've got high hopes for Rembrant paired with DDR5.
                Most of the heavier games are too slow to be practical right now, at least until more driver optimizations are out... Hopefully the Intel Mesa folks have a few tricks up their sleeve still.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Wow at those Paraview numbers. It is said that the a lot of the cost of a pro card is in the drivers. All those improvements Marek is doing on radeonsi for workstations stuff, is really showing here.

People are really dreaming of Intel entering the discrete graphics cards market and making a good dent, but I think they will have a huge wake up call when the cards arrive and the drivers were not up to the competition. You bet it will take time to the developers to make concessions to Intel cards. Just look at the uphill battle AMD opensource drivers had to fight, to game developers starting taking them seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackN64 View Post
                    Intel's iGPU performance has come a long way, but it seems they still have a long way to go.
                    Just 32EU considering their mobile parts get up to 96.

The die is already large enough to accommodate even more EUs. This is a CPU not an APU.

Originally posted by loganj View Post
                    ADL has Xe cores, just too few of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X