Intel "Crocus" Gallium3D Now Part Of Mesa's Default Drivers To Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel "Crocus" Gallium3D Now Part Of Mesa's Default Drivers To Build

Phoronix: Intel "Crocus" Gallium3D Now Part Of Mesa's Default Drivers To Build

Intel's i965 classic DRI driver is still the default within Mesa for i965 through Haswell generations of Intel integrated graphics, but the new "Crocus" Gallium3D driver has been added to the default driver build list so it's now at least building by default on x86/x86_64 systems and thus trivial after that to override...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've been using Crocus on my Ivy Bridge laptop for some time now and it has worked with no problems

Comment

It doesn't look like it's being tracked in mesa's features.txt yet, so there's no status on metamatrix.net.

Comment

this new driver have same problem as i965

how this is possible ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post

how this is possible ?
          Same hardware. It also shares a lot of things with, and is derived from, the classic driver.

Comment

Been using Crocus for a while now on an N2840 CPU (Baytrail). No issues whatsoever compared to i965. Has anyone tried to use it with GalliumNine successfully?

Comment

Originally posted by jojo7887 View Post
              Has anyone tried to use it with GalliumNine successfully?
              I've tried running GTA San Andreas, BioShock, and Call of Duty 4 on Gallium Nine and none of them was able to reach the loading screen. Wine with the default
              D3D-to-OpenGL translation works well though.

Though, some people may have better luck with it. Overall, Gallium Nine in crocus still isn't in great shape.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

Same hardware. It also shares a lot of things with and is derived from, the classic driver.
                the problem does not happen in the windows driver

Comment

the problem does not happen in the windows driver
                  Which is completely different code. Crocus is heavily based on iris, which was heavily based on i965.

Comment

how this is possible ?
                    What problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X