Yet-To-Be-Released Intel "Bz" WiFi Chipset To Be Supported By Linux 5.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet-To-Be-Released Intel "Bz" WiFi Chipset To Be Supported By Linux 5.15

Phoronix: Yet-To-Be-Released Intel "Bz" WiFi Chipset To Be Supported By Linux 5.15

While the Linux 5.15 merge window opening is imminent, merged today to net-next were the latest batch of wireless driver updates for this next kernel version. Notable to this batch of WiFi driver updates was the new Intel material...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally!

Comment

I would really appreciate if they could just fix their wireless cards bugs instead.

And hopefully make their cards fully opensource instead of requiring buggy closed firmware who keeps increasing every single kernel version. IWLWIFI TY is already at v66

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCool View Post
        I would really appreciate if they could just fix their wireless cards bugs instead.

And hopefully make their cards fully opensource instead of requiring buggy closed firmware who keeps increasing every single kernel version. IWLWIFI TY is already at v66
        For my ax200, the firmware is at version 63 and is still buggy has hell. The only way to have a stable connection has been for me to purchase a usb adapter so I can bypass the ax200... The bug report is 2 years old, pages long and the only feedback from Intel is "we are trying to reproduce the problem" (when so far connecting to a recent enough wifi router is enough to hit the bug within less than half an hour).

Comment

Does anyone know where intel get´s it´s regulary database from?
          It is embedded in the firmware image as well?
          wireless-regdb doesn´t seem to have any effect when changed, so i suspect they have their
          own regulatory internal database (at least for AX200/AX210).

You can´t actually change the location as well, it is automatically derived by the AX200s firmware from the beacon packets received during a scan (wireless beacon packets contain the country code configured on the AP). They seem to use some "majority wins" algorithm to select the current location.

This is quite annoying if you life in a country where 6-7GHz Frequencies are already assigned by the regulatory body to the ISM-Band, but Intel is slow with updating their wireless-regdb

Comment

Working...
          X