Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's New Brand For High Performance Discrete Graphics: Arc

Phoronix: Intel's New Brand For High Performance Discrete Graphics: Arc

Intel just announced the new brand they will use for their forthcoming high performance discrete graphics solutions...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...Intel-Arc-2022

Maybe they could special bundle with gigabyte: https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/gi...-supplies.html

Comment

I sincerely hope that the name wasn't chosen because of high power requirements in these cards...

But speaking seriously, Intel couldn't had a better time to launch those. The market will buy anything right now, even if it under-perform compared to its rivals.

Comment

As a welder, Lincoln is the Arc brand I normally think of

Who It Helps: Intel’s long-term vision is to bring frictionless gaming and content creation experiences to gamers and creators worldwide, giving them innovation and choice in hardware coupled with open and accessible software tools.
        I have to ask, WTF is "frictionless gaming"? Is that a gaming PC without a fan or actively moving parts so there is no friction? Magnetic parts to remove mechanical friction? A buzzword?

Comment

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post
          Maybe they could special bundle with gigabyte: https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/gi...-supplies.html
          So Gigabyte is Down With OPP

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            I sincerely hope that the name wasn't chosen because of high power requirements in these cards...

But speaking seriously, Intel couldn't had a better time to launch those. The market will buy anything right now, even if it under-perform compared to its rivals.
            6-9 months from now is not "right now", though. We'll see if the chip shortage is still a thing when this thing gets out. GPU mining will mostly be dead by then.

Comment

Wth. Arc? Brand management?
              I think they should take a page from their CPU division.
              Choose one name and stick to it.
              Core has worked well for 15 years.
              Nvidias "GeForce" for more than two decades.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                As a welder, Lincoln is the Arc brand I normally think of

I have to ask, WTF is "frictionless gaming"? Is that a gaming PC without a fan or actively moving parts so there is no friction? Magnetic parts to remove mechanical friction? A buzzword?
                There is no friction in a Arc dude. As a welder you should know that.

/s

Comment

Like I said before: if people would be buying powerpoints and PR material, Intel would be rolling in $$$ by now.

Call it "pink elephant" for all I care. Just don't bother me till it's on shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post

6-9 months from now is not "right now", though. We'll see if the chip shortage is still a thing when this thing gets out. GPU mining will mostly be dead by then.
                    bingo. if there's a massive selloff, even people who wouldn't normally buy used might take the risk when the prices are low enough (i mean, and i don't expect exactly this, but i'd risk a mined 3080 for like $100). they might actually catch the WORST time to launch. but i could use some proof-of-steak rn tbh :P'''

Comment

Working...
                    X