Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Has A Huge Batch Of New Graphics Driver Code For Linux 5.15

Phoronix: Intel Has A Huge Batch Of New Graphics Driver Code For Linux 5.15

Intel engineers on Friday submitted a big batch of kernel graphics driver improvements to DRM-Next for queuing ahead of the Linux 5.15 merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    for queuing ahead of the Linux 5.15 merge window...
    Noticed a typo, should be queueing

Comment

Doesn't Linux always have a "huge" new batch of GPU driver code for each new version? If for no other reason than all those AMD register definition header files?

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post

Noticed a typo, should be queueing
        Both queuing and queueing are acceptable forms.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

That's fair. I know that's true for canceled and cancelled, but I still think queueing (and canceled) look better. Enough that queuing stood out like a sore thumb.

EDIT: from Quora:

You have to use Queueing as it is the word with the longest consecutive use of vowels. – user52278

At MIT, I was taught that the MIT spelling is "queueing"---after all who can resist a word with five vowels in a row. – user85929
          Looks like I win, tildearrow.
          Last edited by perpetually high; 08 August 2021, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Intel has been reading GuC firmware based power management
            I assume that should that read: "Intel has been readying GuC firmware based power management"

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              I always write "queuing". Firefox's spell checker agrees with me, too.

Comment

If it's at least decent, DG2 will be my next dGPU. I won't even consider another AMD card, until they get right with compute-support on consumer GPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                  I always write "queuing". Firefox's spell checker agrees with me, too.
                  Yeah but that's not saying much if it's an acceptable form. If you wrote queueing, it wouldn't correct you either. So queuing won't just the same.

I dunno, if you guys aren't convinced from those Quora answers to change your stance on queueing, then I rest my case.

Comment

Yeah but that's not saying much if it's an acceptable form. If you wrote queueing, it wouldn't correct you either.
                    In my case, it flags that as an error.

if you guys aren't convinced from those Quora answers to change your stance on queueing, then I rest my case.
                    I'm just offering my experience and a datapoint of Firefox in my locale. I don't claim to have an authoritative answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X