No announcement yet.

Intel's Cloud Hypervisor 17 Released With Continued ARM64 Work, Improved SGX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Cloud Hypervisor 17 Released With Continued ARM64 Work, Improved SGX

Phoronix: Intel's Cloud Hypervisor 17 Released With Continued ARM64 Work, Improved SGX

The Intel-led open-source Cloud Hypervisor project on Thursday issued its v17.0 release with more big improvements to this Rust-based VMM for running modern cloud workloads...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...ypervisor-17.0

Does Intel's Cloud Hypervisor have any real world use?
    Does any people use it? Does any companies use it?
    I would be curious to know names of companies using it.

Comment

The major contributors are Intel, Microsoft and ARM employees, so you would assume it is being used internally. As for use in the wild, I would assume not in production as there are still some issues they are working out. But I wouldn't be surprised if the cloud companies have it running in their labs to assess its security benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
        But I wouldn't be surprised if the cloud companies have it running in their labs to assess its security benefits.
        The basis for much of this work is the rust-vmm project, which is the base technology originally derived from both Google's crosvm and AWS's firecracker usages. Along with Google and AWS, Intel and RedHat are all collaborating on rust-vmm.

Comment

Working...
        X