Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Test Drive With Crocus Gallium3D On Old Intel Hardware

Phoronix: Another Test Drive With Crocus Gallium3D On Old Intel Hardware

Since Crocus was merged into mainline Mesa last week we have been looking at benchmarks of this new open-source Intel Gallium3D driver designed exclusively for older Intel graphics hardware (i965 Gen4 through Haswell Gen7, plus Cherrvyiew and experimental Gen8 Broadwell) compared to the existing open-source i965 classic driver. Prior articles have looked at the quite good performance with Haswell while Sandy Bridge is in somewhat rough shape. Today's testing is going in the middle and looking at the Crocus vs. i965 OpenGL driver performance for Ivy Bridge with the once great Core i7 3770K.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

is it possible to add support stencil_texturing ?

does Crocus support A2B10G10R10/A2R10G10B10 or GL_RGB10_A2 format in Ivy Bridge?

Comment

Originally posted by Aryma View Post
      is it possible to add support stencil_texturing ?

does Crocus support A2B10G10R10/A2R10G10B10 or GL_RGB10_A2 format in Ivy Bridge?
      You can ask it on Mesa tracker.

Comment

Great job by the developers. Seems there's little point in using the classic driver any more. Ivy Bridge and Hashwell are still pretty capable chips even if power hungry and I expect them to be around for a couple more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Inopia View Post
          Great job by the developers. Seems there's little point in using the classic driver any more. Ivy Bridge and Hashwell are still pretty capable chips even if power hungry and I expect them to be around for a couple more years.
          They can be quite power hungry if you overclock and try to extract every last gram of performance from them. I, on the other hand, run at stock speeds and even configured my 3770k for a lower TPD (65W from 77), since my mobo have this feature. I do that mainly because the mobo I have is about 9 years old, and I'm trying to extend its life the maximum I can. Heck, I even use a downdraft cooler to keep the power components cool, since they lack heat sinks (this is a H77 chipset).

Comment

Crocus allows to use gallium-nine with wine to run Windows DirectX 9 games with minimum performance decrease on this not-yet-so-old hardware.

Comment

Working...
            X