No announcement yet.

Intel Gallium3D Driver Merged Into Mesa 21.2 For Gen4 Through Haswell Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crocus isn't working for me with Firefox WebRender. Has anybody else any success with it? I guess I should create a bug ticket, I've been waiting for it to be "officially" working first.

Comment

I hope somebody adds it to feature.txt for mesamatrix and Iris as well.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        Does or will this Crocus driver have any advantages over the existing driver?
        1) maybe in future vulkan for gen7
        2) gallium nine
        3) gallium drivers are build with two blocks: first implements NIR, and second is using NIR to implement Vulkan/OpenGL and etc.
        There is big win because second block can be shared between all gallium drivers. Less bugs and easier to introduce optimizations for all drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShFil View Post

1) maybe in future vulkan for gen7
          2) gallium nine
          3) gallium drivers are build with two blocks: first implements NIR, and second is using NIR to implement Vulkan/OpenGL and etc.
          There is big win because second block can be shared between all gallium drivers. Less bugs and easier to introduce optimizations for all drivers.
          Vulkan doesn't fit in here since it's lower level like Gallium. Vulkan does *mostly* work with gen7 already. Clover compute would be good to replace Beignet since it isn't maintained anymore.

The major advantage to Gallium over "Mesa Classic" is as you say, the shared code, plus it should make it relatively straightforward to bring the older devices up to their maximum potential. I'm even tempted to dig out my old Core2Duo/i965 laptop and give it a spin.
          Last edited by s_j_newbury; 14 June 2021, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
            Also streaming under Linux is still non-HD
            Not sure what exactly you mean, but if you're referring to Netflix's stupid resolution capping on anything other than IE/Edge/Safari, try this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...1080p-firefox/

Comment

QwertyChouskie I thought that you need to have a "certified" system for netflix, prima and stuff to send you hd content instead of dvd quality. Isn't that no longer the case?

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
                QwertyChouskie I thought that you need to have a "certified" system for netflix, prima and stuff to send you hd content instead of dvd quality. Isn't that no longer the case?
                In my experience, Netflix will give you 720p ~3000kbps normally on all browsers except IE/Edge on Windows and Safari on Mac, though with the addon linked you can usually get 1080p on Firefox on Win/Mac/Linux. (Obviously to use these kinds of streaming services at all you have to have Widevine enabled, but this is usually the default.)

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

If you are seeing any sort of tearing with mpv, then you are obviously doing it wrong!™
                  like what I used no config file and switch to VLC too and every week blame intel driver for this

plus there "xf86-video-intel" the only option to tear-free but is buggy and no one recommended

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                    From what I understand it should also work on Cherry Trail devices, right?
                    There is more info, Looks like they are thinking about adding cherryview/braswell to crocus. Iris should cover gen8, but because cherryview, (see airmont for more info) is jank as hell they don't want to include it in iris, and its been explicitly disabled. (Cherryview inherits a bunch of dumb stuff from baytrail)

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

There is more info, Looks like they are thinking about adding cherryview/braswell to crocus. Iris should cover gen8, but because cherryview, (see airmont for more info) is jank as hell they don't want to include it in iris, and its been explicitly disabled. (Cherryview inherits a bunch of dumb stuff from baytrail)

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...53#note_958013
                      Ouch, that a bit sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X